Selling Ginseng

The three of them just crossed the threshold, the small fellow in the pharmacy immediately greeted them with a smile: "Are you two big brothers here to get medicine or to see a doctor?" Xu Dabo arched his hand and said: "Little brother, we're not buying medicine or seeing a doctor, may I ask if you accept medicinal herbs here?" The little fellow heard that he was here to sell herbs and replied: "We also accept herbs, I don't know what kind of herbs you want to sell?"

When Xu Dabo heard this, he looked around and found that there were many people seeking medical treatment and getting medicine, and it was hard to say selling ginseng. He was afraid of being targeted by interested people, so he tactfully said to the boy: "Brother, can we talk inside?"

When the fellow heard what he said, he understood the reason and hurriedly said: "The two elder brothers, wait a moment. I'll inform our shopkeeper." After that, he walked into the inner room. 

Qibao has been silently looking at this medicine shop since she came in. The area is not small, about more than 100 square meters, and it is very clean. There are many drawers made of mahogany behind the counter, and each drawer is labeled with medicinal materials. The name is clear and concise. In the shop, an old man in his 60s was treating a woman, and there were many people lining up behind him. Each patient's waiter would bring a stool for the patient to sit and wait, with a cup of steaming tea next to him. Qibao watched and nodded secretly. It seemed that the shop owner was a kind person.

Qibao didn't wait for her eldest uncle to speak, she grinned at the shopkeeper and said: "Grandpa shopkeeper, we are here to sell ginseng, I don't know if grandpa shopkeeper will accept it?" 

When the shopkeeper heard that they were selling ginseng, he looked at the two adults with surprise and said: "I don't know if what this baby is saying is true or not? Are you two really here to sell ginseng?" Xu Dabo quickly asked. 

"Shopkeeper, my little niece didn't tell a lie, my brother and I are indeed here to sell ginseng." Said signaling his second brother to take the package out and carefully uncover the rag......

What the shopkeeper saw was a ginseng covered with soil lying on a rag that was incompatible with it. He quickly stepped forward and took it carefully. After observing it, his face flushed with excitement and he exclaimed.

"This ginseng is two hundred years old. It's really rare. This is the first time I've seen ginseng in such good condition. It's rare..." After saying that, the shopkeeper looked up at Uncle Xu and asked: "I wonder where this ginseng was found?" 

Uncle Xu replied: "Shopkeeper, I am a villager from Xujia Village in the south of the town. This ginseng was found in Daqing Mountain behind our village."

The shopkeeper stroked his beard and said: "Don't call me shopkeeper, my surname is Hong. If you don't mind, just call me Uncle Hong. I wonder what price you want to sell it for?"

Seeing this, Qibao quickly blocked her uncle's mouth and said: "Grandpa Hong, my name is Xu Linyue. My family members all calls me Qibao. This is my uncle named Xu Dabo. This is my second uncle named Xu Laoer. My uncles and I are heard that that Leshan Drug Store is the biggest and the best pharmacy in the town, but Renyi Drug Store is praised by everyone! So we found Grandpa Hong first. I believe Grandpa Hong will definitely give us a satisfactory price, right?" As she spoke, she smiled sweetly at Shopkeeper Hong, staring at Shopkeeper Hong with bright eyes, but in her heart she secretly despised herself for being so cute...

Shopkeeper Hong listened to the little girl's small mouth saying nice things, and immediately put his hands on his hands and laughed: "You girl has a clever mouth. So Grandpa Hong offers a thousand tales, what do you think? There are no other pharmacies in this town either. It will be higher than the price I paid." After saying that, he stroked his beard.

Qibao smiled and said: "Qibao is very satisfied with the price given by Grandpa Hong. Grandpa Hong is a good grandpa!" Shopkeeper Hong laughed loudly when he heard this!

Behind him, Xu Dabo brothers heard Shopkeeper Hong bid one thousand taels, face expressionless, while their brains went blank, thinking: how much? One thousand taels? Did we hear it right? No wonder their niece reminded them to be calm, no matter how much they sold it for, or else they would have been humiliated......