Chapter 20

It took the pack maybe 15 minutes to track down the rest of the Kelevra pack and lock them up securely in the cages in the far back of the warehouse. Derek, Stiles, and Theo returned to help Scott. The rest were releasing people. There were at least 300 in total, if not more.

"I should have known that this pack was no good." Theo said.

"What, like a bad guy radar or something?" Stiles asked before mimicking the use of a radar on Theo and making it go off.

"No dumbass. Their name... Kelevra..." When Derek and Stiles just stare at him he huffs. "And they call you the smart one... Kelevra is Hebrew, it means Bad Dog."

Stiles and Derek stopped mid step to stare at Theo. Theo kept walking till he realized they weren't following him.

"Hello... Scott needs us." Theo said in a sarcastically over enunciated way.

"You speak hebrew?" Stiles asked.

"Conversationally." Theo admitted before continuing to walk.

"Ok, next time I'll just learn a new language to catch a bad guy." Stiles huffs and starts following again. Derek just shakes his head and follows the two teens.

The pack meets up with Scott who is still watching the other alpha. Kelevra was now awake and pacing his cage. Scott stood there, tracking him with his eyes but otherwise completely still. Derek, Malia, and Stiles step up to him. Theo goes to Liam and silently they check each other over then turn to face the pack.

"What do you wanna do with him, Scott?" Stiles asks.

"I know what Theo suggested and part of me knows he's right but I can't." Scott admits. It's the first time since all of this started sophomore year that he's considered killing. He can see why it needs to be done. But that argument was made for Peter, and Deucalion, but both of them became allies to the pack.

"Maybe your dad can find a place to put him? Somewhere more secure than Eichen. Or Argent, he said they had somewhere for Kate, maybe it can hold Kelevra." Stiles suggests.

"We can't trust him, Scott. He wants the end of humanity, he won't ever change." Derek adds.

"I KNOW!" Scott growls, making them all flinch. "I know," he repeats softly. "It's just not that easy for me Derek."

The pack give Scott some space while he thinks things over. They had limited options and with Scott calling his dad in for help, they had limited time to make a choice. Theo and Derek knew what had to be done, but despite knowing, Theo couldn't bring himself to do it. He promised he wouldn't. Derek knew what it would mean to Scott. He already fucked him over once when he killed Peter. He won't make that mistake again. Besides, he's not cut out to be an alpha, he's proven that.

Theo and Liam sit in a corner with Mason and Corey, watching Scott who watches the Alpha. Derek and Malia stand off to the side, the stances mirroring each other. Arms crossed, head tilted down, chest out a bit. You can see how related they are when they do that.

Finally Scott walks away and out of the room. Everyone looked to each other before Stiles ran after him. It was quiet for a bit then Stiles and Scott came back with what looked like pepper spray.

"We get him in the van, and keep him sedated with the humidifier. We get him to Argent and let them deal with him." Scott told them before letting Stiles spray the alpha. It was a wolfsbane filled can. They all agreed.

They knew that however Argent dealt with the alpha would result in death and this is how Scott does what he does best. Try to save someone but understanding they may not be able to be saved.

Scott and Derek grabbed the alpha once he was weakened. They start to lead him out. "We let the others go, but we let them know, if they try to continue this, hunters won't be the only ones tracking them." They all agreed. Mostly cause they were running out of time. They could hear the sirens approaching.

"Get him in the van, drive it down the road and wait." Scott tells Stiles who nodded. The momentary exchange was enough for the alpha to get away from Derek and Scott. He attacked Stiles, slashing at his stomach and chest. Stiles screamed out and they all rushed forward to grab the alpha but they all froze when a loud bang went off. To Theo it sounded like an artillery shell firework going off a few feet from them.

The alpha dropped on top of Stiles and they looked up to see Scott's dad with his gun aimed at the alpha. Scott rushed forward to check on Stiles, shoving the alpha off him. The alpha had a bullet hole in his head but no one cared. Stiles was bleeding and in a lot of pain.

"Stiles!" Scott nearly roared. Stiles looked up at his friend but he was in too much pain to try and offer comfort in the moment.

"No no no... He had wolfsbane, we had him." Scott takes his jacket off and presses it to Stiles chest. "Dad! Help!" Scott looked to his dad who was already calling for EMTs. Derek kneeled beside Scott.

"Scott... He won't make it to a hospital... You need to decide." Derek told Scott and they all understood.

"But.." Scott tried but Stiles grabbed his hand.

"It's ok." He nodded and offered a bloody smile.

"I'm sorry Stiles." Scott cried.