chapter 5

"Why would Theo need to stay with me?" Liam questioned looking at each member of the pack. "Scott," Melissa got the alpha's attention, "I'll bring Theo to stay with us." Melissa knew the Geyers would take Theo in if Liam told them about his living situation but they didn't know about the supernatural. How would they explain Theo's growing belly? How would they explain the sudden appearance of a child?

"It would be easier for me to keep an eye on him and the baby. I could make sure he's eating enough and taking his prenatal vitamins. And he won't have to worry about hiding his pregnancy from Liam's parents." Liam and Mason both gaped at the nurse. "I'm sorry. His what?" Liam asked, hoping he had heard wrong. "I'll explain it to them." Stiles pulled Mason and Liam out of the clinic.

"When Theo wakes up I'll tell him the new arrangement. As for you Scott. I want you to go home and get the guest room ready for Theo and stop at the grocery store to pick up the things Deaton said he needed." Scott didn't argue. He felt bad enough already. Theo had told them he didn't want to be a part of the plan. The alpha should have listened.

The pack left soon after that. Only staying long enough for Deaton to explain everything better and give them some pointers on how to help Theo. Melissa stayed, calling the hospital to tell them she had an emergency and had to leave early. She got the rest of the day off. Theo was still sleeping somewhat peacefully in the exam room. Deaton put a sign on the front door, saying the clinic was closed for the rest of the day.

"So what you're all saying is the dread doctors screwed with more than just the supernatural and now Theo is pregnant?" Liam had to clarify. He had taken in a lot of information in the last hour since leaving the clinic. "Yes Liam. So we all have to work to keep Theo out of danger. He's at a high risk for a miscarriage." Scott looked at his pack, making sure they were all listening.

"I talked to Deaton about Theo and the baby. He told me he offered Theo the chance to abort the pregnancy..." Scott trailed off, letting his words sink in. He wanted to make sure that they all knew and understood what he was saying. "When he told Theo he could remove the baby and Theo's uterus, Theo growled at him and said he won't take another life. Never again." The pack was a bit shocked. The chimera always looked ready to kill. The Theo they all thought they knew would have never cared about the life of another.

"Theo wants this child and I'm gonna do everything I can to help this baby live. Theo..." Scott trailed off again. This time he waited till all eyes were on him. "Theo is pack. Making that baby the first pup of my pack. I will not stand by and let it be harmed." No one said anything. The room filling with an uneasy silence. Scott could smell the growing tension.

"Scott's right." Stiles spoke up first. "I hate to admit it, but Theo is pack. He's gone to the point of near death to prove he's changed. If he's willing to stand in front of the pack to protect them from a wall of hunters shooting to kill, the least we can do is help him carry his child full term." Scott was grateful to Stiles. The alpha knew Stiles had a lot of pull when it came to who the pack trusted. If he said Theo was pack, then there was no arguing. 

"What can we do?" Malia asked. "My mom told me to go to the store and get lots of red meat. According to Deaton, Theo's diet should be as close to a regular wolf as we can get. I was also thinking of getting Theo a few things to wear when he gets bigger. He wears the same five outfits in different combos, so I'm guessing he doesn't have much to wear." Lydia grabbed a pen and note pad and started writing down some things. "Stiles and I will go to the store and pick up the food and clothes. Scott you get the guest room ready for Theo. Malia, take the puppy pack and report back to Kelevra and tell them what we found out today." Everyone agreed and went their separate ways. 

By the time Theo woke up the sun had gone down, and Melissa was ready to go home. Deaton was in his office with Melissa, going over the sonograms from today when Theo walked in. "Thanks for the help doc. I'll just be going now." Theo needed to eat and find a place to park for the night. "Wait Theo." Melissa stood up and grabbed the teen's arm. "Deaton and I were talking," Melissa started, "And we both agreed it would be easier if you just stayed with Scott and I." Theo was at a loss for words.