The Peach Boy

Okay, just got this idea and now I'm insane about it.

This happens before the series by a few centuries. Around the time Wukong was still on his jttw.

Enjoy.

xxxxXxxxx

The peach garden of the celestial realm. A lush garden filled with fruits of immortality. You'd expect such a garden would be heavily guarded, but no. In fact, it was empty on many occasions. And one of such occasions, a miracle happened.

One of the peach trees suddenly started to glow mystically. Had there been anyone to witness this scene, they would have called it beautiful. The tree began to glow more and more until its light became blinding.

Then, it began to dim as the tree disappeared to reveal a young boy with flowy peach colored hair. A toddler in the garden of immortality. The spirit of the peach tree.

The boy's name was Taro.

The young boy stared at his hands and arms in shock. He stared at them in a trance as if the shock had left him speechless.

"I'm...not a tree anymore?" He asked in shock, never taking his eyes off his arms and hands. "But why do I look like a toy?"

Snapping him out of his trance was the sound of a conversation close by.

Taro turned to the location where he stood as a tree and saw the marks he left. He didn't want to become a tree again. He had heard gossip of the celestial beings during his time as a tree and didn't trust they would let something like him go so easily. So he hid amongst the trees hoping he wouldn't be found.

Suddenly, he heard an audible gasp at the missing tree. This was the peach boy's que to run. He ran and ran until he reached the edge of the celestial realm. A literal edge that oversaw a seemingly endless fall through the sky that he nearly slipped off of causing him to pant rapidly in fear.

"There's no where else to go?" Muttered Taro as he internally panicked.

Suddenly, Taro heard a stern yell. "Stop right there!" He turned to its source and saw an angry looking person wearing a pink tunic and gold circlets.

"I made people immortal; that means I'm immortal too, right?" Taro muttered as his gaze switched between the edge and the angry warrior.

The peach spirit quickly made his choice and hopped off the edge before promptly passing out mid air.

xxxxXxxxx

In the past.

Taro wasn't always a magic tree that created fruits of immortality. At some point, he was just a normal young teen living in a modern world. Until the day just before his thirteenth birthday.

"Taro, can you go fetch me some party supplies from the store?" Asked his mother calmly.

Taro pouted. "Where's the surprise in that?" He asked dejectedly as he sat on the couch.

"You'll get a surprise birthday party when we have the time." Replied his mother calmly.

Taro sighed before he got off the couch and took the money and the list to get the party supplies with a bored expression on his face. "Everything is so boring." Taro muttered tiredly as he walked through the streets of his quiet town. "I just wish something exciting would happen."

As if on cue, Taro noticed a toddler crossing the street as a truck sped towards them. There was no way to pull the child out of the way as they were too far across the street for that. That meant that pushing the child out of the way was the only option.