Chapter-21: The Picnic

Thank you for 690K+ Reads!

Target Vote : 1700+

One week after the office detour:

I haven't slept a blink since last night

I haven't slept a blink since last night. I had to study till 6am and well Noorie stays awake all night anyways- she was an absolute night owl and right now- it was 7am but I had to already get ready for the day. Today was the picnic at my farmhouse. I don't know if you exactly call it a picnic but my parents had invited my in-laws over to our place. Along with them some of my relatives and of course my three besties would be here too, they were part of my family at this point. Noor had been staying over at my place since last week, after that incident but her parents would arrive in two days. They didn't invite many people as we had kept quiet about our engagement, I did not want the media or many people to know as it would break off anyways and then that would become a new drama.

Talking about drama, Shayra had a knack of ideas for creating some in today's picnic. She had made me invite Armaan, Dua's to be fiance as well. Last week Armaan and Dua's family met up for dinner and fixed their proposal. I wondered if Azaan knew about it yet or not, well even if he didn't, today he would and I can feel some storm stirring up. Along with Armaan another guest was also coming who I had to invite on request of someone else.

At 8am, my parents, Noor and I left for our farmhouse as it was a two hour drive and we picked Shayra on the way. We would have to go first being the hosts. Dua on the other hand would come with Armaan.

•••

THE SHEIKH'S FARMHOUSE

•••

At around 11am all my in-laws arrived. I greeted them all but Zain just ignored me This guy was bipolar. He would act all okay with me but the next minute he wouldn't even remember my existence. But I braced myself how does it matter? I couldn't care any less.

Everyone was seated in the living room, the elders together and we were on the other side when the doorbell rang again. I braced myself for the upcoming drama after all I knew who would be coming in through the doors now. I was getting up to open the door when Azaan went himself, obviously expecting only Dua. But the shock on his face was evident when he saw Arman beside Dua as they both came in smiling and laughing like those couples.