Chapter-33: The Spy Game

Target Vote: 4000 (so you're telling me all this while you all could reach 4000 votes in less than a week but you all decided to skip it until I made it mandatory 😭)

*Also we reached 100K votes on the story I hope we will reach 2M soon too so thank you all again 🫶🏻

Week-9

It had been a week since my birthday

It had been a week since my birthday. After the fiasco at the party, I had to sit down with my family and continue with the lie because I didn't see any other way out. Surprisingly, they did not seem to have a problem at all except for the question, 'When do we plan to get married?'. Well right now, I was planning a fake break up.

Today I was up for another surprise. It wasn't until I went downstairs that I got to know my father's true intentions for the day. "Tell Ahaan to be at West Club by 12." My dad informed at breakfast.

"Who to be where?" I asked meekly.

"Ahaan knows where just tell him to not be late." My dad ordered. My dad wanted that rich brat at the club?

"I don't think he can make it. He was saying he has some important work today." I answered as all the eyes at the breakfast table were fixed at me. I couldn't help missing my freedom which I had for the first four weeks since I had been back to the country, as rest of the family was in USA and I had the whole house to myself.

"Really? He told me he was free last night." My dad questioned me. HE HAD WHAT? When did they talk? When did this plan happen? Why do I not know about it? Well I would have, if that rich brat was my actual boyfriend. But he wasn't, so obviously we haven't talked and hence, I don't know about it.

"He can't say no to you that's why he didn't." I continued with my lie. If Alizeh was here she would have been proud of me for lying so smoothly.

"Then call him and ask." My mother poked from beside. Who do I call? I don't even have his number.

"If he told me he will be there then he should be." My dad said getting up from the table as he finished his breakfast.

The first thing I did after going back to my room was call Alizeh, because I don't have that stupid rich brat's number! "What is your devar's problem?"

"Which one? I have three but yeah one of them is sure problematic." Alizeh replied from across the phone.

"That rich brat! He agreed to go golfing with my dad." I ranted.

"Isn't that good? They'll have some in-laws bonding?" Alizeh asked bored.

"No- it's not. You know the truth! I'm not getting married to him." I answered. Yes, I had told my best friends the truth. However, they still treated us like we were an actual couple. They were having fun pulling my leg about this.