Chapter-34: The Rivalry {2M Special}

Note: Thank you so much for 2M reads! Here's a little longer chapter as 2M special! At the end there's a very important Q/A - do answer it.

Target Vote- 4000

Week-10

"No- we already discussed it years ago and nothing has changed

"No- we already discussed it years ago and nothing has changed." My grandfather gave the final decision.

"But it's been six years about that incident. Can't we put our ego aside for one moment!" I argued back as the whole family stared at me in disbelief.

"Time doesn't change the fact they are traitors." My dad told me aloud as the rest seemed to agree with his statement.

"Whatever happened between you guys, Dua has nothing to do with that." I tried to explain.

"I thought you were already over her. It's been six years Azaan, there's so many girls out there. Just forget her." My mom rebuked me

"We thought you had moved on, we thought you liked Alizeh's friend." My chachi (Zain's mother) said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Alizeh's friend Dua, we really liked her, she seems like a nice girl. We all thought you liked her too from what we saw at Zain's engagement. Why are you still not over the Malik's daughter Dua." My mom explained and Zain and I looked at each other with dumbstruck expression wondering whether to laugh or curse my fate. Of course, they had never seen my girlfriend, Dua and hence, didn't know their choice and my choice was the same.

"Mom apko Alizeh ki friend Dua aapki bahu ke roop mein pasand hain?" I asked innocently to which my mom nodded. (Mom would you like Alizeh's friend Dua as your daughter-in-law)

"Ussey hi toh saat saal se apki bahu banana chahta hoon." I smirked looking at Zain as everyone else looked dumbstruck now. (She is the one I have been trying to make your daughter-in-law since the last seven years)

"Can't you guys forget it now then?" I questioned after giving them time to sink in the truth.

"Did you forget the loss and back lash we had to face because of them, and you want us to take a proposal there?" My grandmother questioned.

"Everyone has forgotten about it please for once can we be the bigger person here?" I tried to justify. Zain had told me about Dua's wedding date being fixed tomorrow and I had been trying to convince my family for the last three days to mend things with Dua's family.

"No because we don't forget how we were backstabbed unlike you! If it wasn't for Amir Hadi we would have never known about the treachery." My chachu (Zain's dad) rebuked me.

"Should you be talking about backstabbing?" Zain questioned his dad as they both looked at each other in a deadly silence." They had a rocky relationship and who could blame Zain for it.