009||Jobe Bellingham

BRUISE

BRUISE

JOBE ARRIVED HOME, still fuming from what occurred in his match. It had started off good until he got fouled and then the referee made some wrong calls that cost them the game. He made his way in to see me, hoping to cool off with my presence. As he approached, he noticed me sitting on the couch.

"hi, babe" jobe said as he walked in, sliding his crocs off. "today was tough to say the least."

"i know, i tried sitting through the full 90 minutes, as much as i could" i watched as he limped towards me.

"yeah, the ref was terrible and their striker was acting like an idiot out there," jobe grumbled, then smiled and came to join me. "but you look beautiful, as always." he sat down next to me, his arm going around me and pulling me closer.

"thank you baby, are you sure you're not hurt from that tackle?"i blushed slightly at his sudden compliment.

"nah, im fine," he lied, in reality, he had some slight aches and pains, but he wasn't going to complain. "ive got you, and that's all that matters."

"jobe..." i raised my eyebrows at him.

"what?" he asked, looking up at me with a confused look on his face, trying to act oblivious.

"don't lie to me" i crossed my arms, hating when he wouldn't open up to me.

"alright, okay i am feeling a little beat up right now." he sighed, leaning onto my shoulder.

"let me see" i raised his leg onto my lap, so his back was against the arm of the couch, facing me. i began looking down at his lightly bleeding ankle. "i mean, not too bad" i shrugged, seeing as there was only a mini cut.

He winced as i touched his ankle, a sign that it was more bruised than he was letting on. "you're not wrong," he said with a soft chuckle. "it just stings a little." he shifted around a bit, finding a comfortable position. 

"it stings? am i looking at the right place?" i turned his foot to the side, slowly to avoid him getting hurt.

"okay, fine, it hurts a lot," jobe said with a laugh. "it hurts more than i want it to." he took a deep breath and settled in again. "so, how was your day?" he began, trying to change the subject.

i looked to the side of it, finding a massive purple swollen bruise "god, jobe, why didn't you get it checked in the medical room, after the match?" i squinted at the sight. He sighed, not bothering to try shifting his foot away from me again. 

"it hurt a bit after the match, but i figured it would pass." he then winced, feeling the bruise to see how bad it was.  "fuck" he groaned.

I slowly left his foot on the couch and rushed to get a pack of ice that was in the freezer "jobe, you shouldn't have been this rough on the pitch" i complained, my voice projecting through the walls as i pulled the freezer door open, digging through to find an ice pack.

"i know, i was just frustrated," he said, resting back against the couch, he tried to smile and look at the bright side of things. "look, it's just some bruises. i'll be fine in no time."

He sighed as he shifted around, finding that i had returned with ice. "thank you," he said softly as he took it from me and placed it over the swollen bruise. i sat, placing his leg on my lap again.

i nodded in response as he adjusted the ice on his ankle. he sighed softly, still feeling some pain but slightly better. "i swear, one more game and i'm going insane." he rolled his eyes. "that ref needs to be fired or something." he then continued to mumble about the opposing team, grumbling about another unfair call they made.

 "relax, jobe" i laughed remembering his reaction when his teammate got a yellow card, which was clearly unfair.

He sighed and tried to calm down. "yeah, I know," he said softly. "just hard to relax when I'm annoyed." i used all my might to move him closer to me, as i wrapped my arm around his torso, letting his foot slip down onto the coffee table where he's able to stretch it out properly.

He smiled and got closer,but a minute later his foot was on the arm of the couch, resting his head on my lap. He closed his eyes, comfortably sinking into my embrace as i tried circling his cheek with my thumb to comfort him.

I picked against his tight curls, placing a light kiss against them "you did good today"

Jobe smiled even more, feeling his tension go away as i scratched his head, sighing softly and leaned against me, feeling very content, then he perked up. "wait, did you watch the entire game?" he asked curiously.

" i might have missed a few minutes after halftime because i went to the bathroom... why?"

"just wanted to know how much of my terrible performance you saw," he said jokingly, though he believed he had played quite poorly.

He was starting to doze off, feeling calm and relaxed after a stressful day. He yawned then smiled. "oh come on, you weren't that bad" i continued running my hands through his hair.

"i'm sorry, but i was pretty bad," he said with a chuckle, yawning again, feeling very worn out from the match.  "thank you for cheering me on, i appreciate you always supporting me in my games." he smiled warmly as he twisted in place, letting his head face my stomach. "i love you, babe." he then closed his eyes, slowly and peacefully falling asleep in my lap.

"i love you too" i smiled at him, realizing i was to be stuck in this position for the next few hours. Jobe was snoring softly, leaning on me. His hair was all over the place, as it always was after a game, looking un brushed. He looked quite comfortable though, peacefully sleeping on my lap.

!AUTHOR NOTE! 📝

have no idea why i couldn't find a single GIF of jobe 😪 that picture of him is so fine though 😍😍😍.

omg how's my book growing this fastt, thank you all! :) and for the others who are reading my marcus story, ill try to publish more frequently 😭