018||Vinicius Jr

INSTINCT

INSTINCT

THE SOFT CHIRPING of the birds filled the room as my boyfriend vini pushed open the windows to get some fresh air in the room. i was still in a slumber, vini wanting to start our morning early though our son had no school or any reason to be up but he wasn't the type to sleep in. 

i complained to him, hating waking up early when i could lay in for another couple of hours but no matter how hard he tried, i wouldn't budge from my place. clear that my few-month-old pregnancy played a part in my laziness, no one knew that we were expecting a baby, not even our son. 

he slowly gave in, returning to bed and soothing into the warmth of the bed, his hand drawing circles on my stomach. the warmth from his hand made a tingle inside of me and i reached my hand over his and grasped it. i snuggled closer to him, our cheeks resting on each other as he pulled me closer.

the two of our children now had a six-year age gap, mainly because it took a while for him to convince me to have another. my first pregnancy was quite harsh on me, vini being unable to attend most appointments or check-ups only added to the weight of carrying a baby, without his support, it left me in a tight spot but he wasn't to blame, he had a busy job that took most of his time. 

i felt like our son being six years older would make it a bit easier and maybe this time my second pregnancy wouldn't be as much as a toll on my body as my first pregnancy was. i felt our son being a bit older would help out too.

vini continued caressing my stomach as i took the opportunity to shut my eyes for an extra moment of peace.

i snuggled closer to him, enjoying his touch and i felt his other hand move to my back and hold me tight. i sighed, enjoying his warmth, his touch and our quiet start to the day, relaxed knowing our son was probably with vini's sister was in the other room.

the soft footsteps were very easy to dismiss and within seconds our son burst in the room, leaving no time for the now asleep vini to move his hands off me.

my son ran in asking where his breakfast was, his face still stained of sleep and his little eyes trying to take in the new bright light in the room, which was the result of the opened windows and the morning sun.

"what's daddy's hand doing on your stomach, mommy?" our son asked, with the curiosity you'd expect of a six year old.

"don't worry about that, sweety, it's just daddy giving my tummy some rubs to make it feel better, okay?" i replied, trying to make this awkward moment as nonchalant as possible.

i felt another pair of eyes stare up at me, looking down to find vini holding back a laugh at my words, his hand moving off my stomach to rub his face. i glared at my laughing boyfriend while my son tilted his head, a confused expression plastered all over his young face as he had no idea what was going on.