2 - Philosopher's stone

"𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓗𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼? 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽, 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓭?"

On September 1st Martha woke Y/n. The girl rubbed her eyes thinking of the day that lies ahead. Slipping out of her bed on putting on a plain t-shirt, jeans, and a jacket. Leaving her room, hoping trying to slip on her sneakers. Jasper stretches his legs and yawns as he hops off Y/n's bed and follows her. Y/n sits down and scoffs down her breakfast.

"Slow down, you won't be late," Martha said with a smile as Y/n chokes on her scrambled eggs.

Double checking her luggage Y/n made sure she has everything packed and isn't missing anything.

She puts Jasper into his carry on as Martha takes Y/n's trunk into her white car. Y/n runs to the car setting Jasper down in the backseat and buckles up.

She stares out the window listening to Abba as the scenery go by until they arrive at Kings Cross.

"We need to look for 9 3/4," Martha said as she loaded Y/n's trunk onto a trolley.

Y/n eye's scanned the numbers. There was a big plastic number nine over one platform and a big plastic number ten over the one next to it, and in the middle, nothing at all. She turned to face Martha, face full of dread. Martha ruffled her hair.

"All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared that you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous." Martha said.

Even though Y/n was beginning to think this was all just a joke and she'll run into the wall, she walked towards it either way.

She started to walk toward it. People jostled her on their way to platforms nine and ten. Y/n walked more quickly. She was going to smash right into that barrier and then she'd be in trouble — leaning forward on her cart, she broke into a heavy run — the barrier was coming nearer and nearer — she wouldn't be able to stop —the cart was out of control — she was a foot away — she closed her eyes ready for the crash —

It didn't come . . . she kept on running . . . she opened her eyes. A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, eleven o'clock. Y/n looked behind her and saw a wrought-iron archway where the barrier had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it. She had done it. Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.

She waited for a bit until Martha emerged. Martha motioned her to go onto the train. They both walked onto it. Y/n pressed on through the crowd until they found an empty compartment near the end of the train. She put Jasper inside first and then started to shove and heave her trunk toward the train door. Martha helped her.