7 - Philosopher's Stone

"𝓘𝓢 𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣 𝓐 𝓕𝓡𝓘𝓒𝓚𝓘𝓝𝓖 𝓓𝓡𝓐𝓖𝓞𝓝?!"

Dumbledore had convinced Harry and Y/n not to go looking for the Mirror of Erised again, and for the rest of the Christmas holidays the Invisibility Cloak stayed folded at the bottom of Harry's trunk and Y/n hadn't sneaked out. Harry and Y/n wished they could forget what they'd seen in the mirror as easily, but they couldn't. Harry started having nightmares. Over and over again he dreamed about his parents disappearing in a flash of green light, while a high voice cackled with laughter. Y/n kept on seeing green flashes and the face of her mom.

"You see, Dumbledore was right, that mirror could drive you mad," said Ron, when Harry and Y/n told him about these dreams.

Hermione, who came back the day before term started, took a different view of things. She was torn between horror at the idea of Harry and Y/n being out of bed, roaming the school three nights in a row ("If Filch had caught you!"), and disappointment that they hadn't at least found out who Nicolas Flamel was.

They had almost given up hope of ever finding Flamel in a library book, even though Harry was still sure he'd read the name somewhere. Once term had started, they were back to skimming through books for ten minutes during their breaks. Harry had even less time than the other three, because Quidditch practice had started again.

Wood was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits. If they won their next match, against Hufflepuff, they would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship for the first time in seven years.

"Those doofs won't win, Snape's refereeing," Draco said triumphantly.

"They still have a chance on winning," Y/n argued.

They were walking by the library when Neville walked out. Y/n smiled and waved. Neville returned the wave. Draco scowling turned to Neville.

"You know Longbottom, I've been looking for someone to practice this on," he said with a smirk as he did the Leg-Locker curse.

Neville fell and struggled as he tried to get up. Y/n helped him up.

"Draco!" she called out but he continued to walk away. "I'm sorry Neville, I don't know the counter curse for this. I only the counter curse for the jelly legs junks."

"It's all right, I'll just ask a Hermione for help," Neville reassured her.

"Again, Neville I'm sorry about this," Y/n said once again. She saw him hop away.

Y/n stormed into the Dungeons. She saw Draco sit down on the couch and opening chocolate frogs. She walked up to him and snatched one out of his hand.

"You don't need to be a jerk you know," she told him as she opened the package.

"He's a blood traitor, he deserved i-" Draco was cut of by a pillow thrown by Y/n.

She saw the frog jump out of the box and looked into the card.