15 - Chamber Of Secret's

"𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖺𝗄 𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗌𝖾𝗅𝗆𝗈𝗎𝗍𝗁?"

Since the disastrous episode of the pixies, Professor Lockhart had not brought live creatures to class. Instead, he read passages from his books to them, and sometimes reenacted some of the more dramatic bits. He usually picked Y/n to help him with these reconstructions; so far, Y/n had been forced to play a simple Transylvanian villager whom Lockhart had cured of a Babbling Curse, a yeti with a head cold, and a vampire who had been unable to eat anything except lettuce since Lockhart had dealt with him.

Y/n was hauled to the front of the class during their very next Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, this time acting a werewolf.

"Nice loud howl, Y/n — exactly — and then, if you'll believe it, I pounced — like this — slammed him to the floor — thus — with one hand, I managed to hold him down — with my other, I put my wand to his throat — I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm — he let out a piteous moan — go on, Y/n — higher than that — good — the fur vanished — the fangs shrank — and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective — and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks."

The bell rang and Lockhart got to his feet.

"Homework — compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!"

Y/n walked out of the class as fast as she could, dragging Daphne with her.

"Are you in a hurry?" Daphne asked.

"No, I just can't stand Lockhart. I swear if I have to howl one more time I will snap his wand in half." Y/n stated as she called out the password and walked into the Slytherin common room.

Plopping on a couch, she leaned against Daphne and closed her eyes. She let her mind go blank but for some reason it will always go to her last name. L/n, feared for their determination. Determined to show that not all creatures are bad. Go as far as to raise a dragon. People feared them for that. Fear. Fear. Fear. That same word kept popping up. Fear, they were scared. Scared on the possibilities that could happen if they joined Voldemort. The same way Muggles feared wizards.

Daphne kept nudging Y/n until she opened her eyes. She saw a head of brown hair.

"Theodore, what is it?" She asked sternly, not wanting to hear him insult her step mom.

"I came to apologize, I said things I shouldn't have but I said them anyway. I just wanted to look cool in front of you. I thought if I did you'll like me." He said with a red face.

"Oh, I f-forgive you then," Y/n said with pink cheeks.

Daphne playfully poked Y/n's cheeks but only caused them to get more red.