14 - Chamber Of Secret's

"𝖡𝖾𝗐𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝖿𝗈𝗋

"𝖡𝖾𝗐𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝗂𝗌𝗁 𝖿𝗈𝗋..."

October arrived, spreading a damp chill over the grounds and into the castle. Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students. Her Pepperup Potion worked instantly, though it left the drinker smoking at the ears for several hours afterward.

Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose, the flower beds turned into muddy streams, and Hagrid's pumpkins swelled to the size of garden sheds. Daphne and Y/n who kept going to the Slytherin team practice, had seen for themselves the speed of those new Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones. They had concluded that the Slytherin team was no more than seven greenish blurs, shooting through the air like missiles.

The Halloween feast astounded Y/n, the food was amazing, the decoration put her in the mood. The whole Slytherin table were betting on who could eat more mashed potatoes, Crab or Y/n. In the end Y/n won by six servings.

They were all laughing as they exited the Great Hall and into their dorm. Everyone came to halt, Y/n and Daphne pushed through to see what stopped everyone. In the corridor Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood, foot-high words had been daubed on the wall between two windows, shimmering in the light cast by the flaming torches. THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS HAS BEEN OPENED. ENEMIES OF THE HEIR, BEWARE, Mrs. Norris, the caretaker's cat, was hanging by her tail from the torch bracket. She was stiff as a board, her eyes wide and staring. For a few seconds, they didn't move.

Then someone shouted through the quiet.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware! You'll be next, Mudbloods!"

It was Draco Malfoy. He had pushed to the front of the crowd, his cold eyes alive, his usually bloodless face flushed, as he grinned at the sight of the hanging, immobile cat. Y/n shoved him with a look of disgust.

"What's going on here? What's going on?"

Attracted no doubt by Draco's shout, Argus Filch came shouldering his way through the crowd. Then he saw Mrs. Norris and fell back, clutching his face in horror.

"My cat! My cat! What's happened to Mrs. Norris?" he shrieked.

And his popping eyes fell on Harry.

"You!" he screeched. "You! You've murdered my cat! You've killed her! I'll kill you! I'll —"

"Argus!"

Dumbledore had arrived on the scene, followed by a number of other teachers. In seconds, he had swept past Harry, Ron, and Hermione and detached Mrs. Norris from the torch bracket.

"Come with me, Argus," he said to Filch. "You, too, Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger."

Lockhart stepped forward eagerly.