3 - Philosopher's Stone

"𝓢𝓵𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷?"

"𝓢𝓵𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷?"

As Y/n stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissing fires all over the hall.

"L/n, did she say?"

"The Y/n L/n?"

The last thing Y/n saw before the hat dropped over her eyes was the hall full of people craning to get a good look at her. Next second she was looking at the black inside of the hat. She waited.

She sat there anticipating on what the hat chose.

"So much loyalty, yet so cunning," said the small voice. "My, my, what a big mind you have. Your kindness does outshine your ambition, but the way you're resourceful, might as well be SLYTHERIN!"

Y/n let out a shaky sigh as the hat was taken off of her. The Slytherin table clapped and cheered as she walked over to them. People began cheering and screaming. "We got L/n! We got the L/n!" Not knowing many people, she sat down with the only people she knew, Draco and Tracey. Draco gave her a smile as he scooted over while Tracey gave her a thumbs up.

The ghost patted her arm, giving Y/n the sudden, horrible feeling she'd just plunged it into a bucket of ice-cold water. She could see the High Table properly now. And there, in the center of the High Table, in a large gold chair, sat Albus Dumbledore. Y/n recognized him at once from the card she'd gotten out of the Chocolate Frog on the train. Dumbledore's silver hair was the only thing in the whole hall that shone as brightly as the ghosts.

And now there were only four people left to be sorted.

"Thomas, Dean," a Black boy even taller than the red head, joined the Gryffindor table.

"Turpin, Lisa," became a Ravenclaw and then it was the red head's turn.

"Weasley, Ron" He was pale green by now. A second later the hat had shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!"

"Zabini, Blaise," was made a Slytherin, he sat across Y/n. Professor McGonagall rolled up her scroll and took the Sorting Hat away.

Y/n looked down at her empty gold plate. She had only just realized how hungry she was. The pumpkin pasties seemed ages ago. Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. He was beaming at the students, his arms opened wide, as if nothing could have pleased him more than to see them all there.

"Welcome!" he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Be-fore we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

"Thank you!"

Y/n's mouth fell open. The dishes in front of her were now piled with food. She had never seen so many things she liked to eat on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs.