5 - Philosopher's Stone

"𝓠𝓾𝓲𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂!"

 On Halloween morning they woke to the delicious smell of baking pumpkin wafting through the corridors. Even better, Professor Flitwick announced in Charms that he thought they were ready to start making objects fly, something they had all been dying to try since they'd seen him make Crabbe's smuggled cupcake zoom around the classroom. Professor Flitwick put the class into pairs to practice. Y/n's partner was Draco. Daphne was working with Goyle. It was easy to tell Daphne wasn't pleased about this.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" squeaked Professor Flitwick, perched on top of his pile of books as usual. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too — never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f ' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

Goyle would swing his arm so far and hard, he nearly smacked Daphne. She would duck, run, and she nearly fell out of her chair from dodging another swing.

It was very difficult. Draco swished and flicked, but the feather they were supposed to be sending skyward just lay on the desktop.

Y/n flicked her wand said, "Wingardium Leviosa!"

Her feather rose off the desk and hovered about four feet above their heads.

"Oh, well done!" cried Professor Flitwick, clapping. "Everyone see here, Miss L/n's done it!"

On her way down to the Great Hall for the Halloween feast, Y/n overheard Parvati Patil telling her friend Lavender that Hermione was crying in the girls' bathroom and wanted to be left alone. Y/n became curious about why she was crying. Feeling bad for her friend she took a couple of muffins, stashing them in her robe, and went towards the bathroom.

Y/n opened the door and saw only one stall locked.

"Hey, Hermione you all right?" she said she knocked on the stall door.

"N-no! I have no friends, I'm just what Ron said. A nightmare!"

"I don't know what happened, but I know you aren't a nightmare. And I'm your friend that's why I came here."

Y/n heard the Hermione unlocking the stall. When she stepped Y/n pulled her into a hug and offered some muffins. Y/n scrunched up her nose in disgust. An awful smell of old socks and the kind of public bathroom that everyone avoids.

"What is that?" Hermione asked. They both heard the door unlock.

Turning around, face full of horror, they saw a troll. Twelve feet tall, its skin was a dull, granite gray, its great lumpy body like a boulder with its small bald head perched on top like a coconut. It had short legs thick as tree trunks with flat, horny feet. The smell coming from it was incredible. It was holding a huge wooden club, which dragged along the floor because its arms were so long.