Chapter 17

Joker made his way down to the Batcave after he had finished his tea, feeling slightly more awake and aware than when he had woken up. He stepped down into the cold cave, walking towards Barbara, who was typing something up on the computer.

"Hey, Jack"

"Barbs" Joker greeted, sitting down in the chair next to her with a small sigh. "Al said you needed me"

"Well, not me"

Joker gave her a small hum of confusion, turning towards her. "Who does?"

"...Joker" A gruff voice that Joker instantly recognized spoke, and he felt his shoulders hunch as he turned around to face them. "I have to say, I don't think I would have ever saw the day where you could sit in the same room as somebody and not gut them at the throat"

"Gordon" Joker huffed, rolling his eyes as the police chief stepped out from where he had been sat. "I see you're still trying to stay in the shadows and out of my way" Joker teased, expression far from amused. "Naturally" Jim grumbled, standing next to his daughter protectively.

"Play nice, you two" Barbara chastised, glaring at them both. "You don't have to like eachother for this. You only need to work together for Bruce"

"For everyone" Joker added, as if to convince himself he couldn't do this alone. "...fine. Whatever. So, what is it that you need, Jimbo?"

"All the information Bruce was given in terms of your own kidnapping, a statement you could give me about your kidnapping, any videos or evidence Bruce was sent-"

"No" Joker stood, glaring at Gordon. "I'll give you the information and the statement, but you can fuck right off if you think I will willingly hand over videos of my own torture, especially to you"

Jim grumbled, seemingly already fed up of the conversation. "Look, I don't want to watch them as much as you don't want me to have them, but it might give information we need"

"I don't care" Joker growled, walking closer with a gleam in his eyes that only screamed trouble. "If Bruce couldn't find anything as the greatest detective in Gotham, who say's the incompetent police chief can find something he couldn't?"

"Barbara says that you were the reason he couldn't! You wouldn't let him watch the videos without you there" Gordon quipped back, holding his own glare as either of the men refused to break eye contact. Both prepared to threaten to get what they wanted.

"Both of you are acting like children" Barbara rolled her eyes at them, watching the intense staring match with annoyance. "Dad, Jack said no. You can't force him to give those videos away"

"Hah!" Joker laughed, pointing a finger at Gordon as he taunted him. "However!" Barbara interrupted his laughing fit, causing the police chief and the clown to turn to her. "If you won't let my dad watch them, someone else has to"

"Hah!" Jim taunted back, elbowing Joker's side to aggravate him. It did the trick, Joker's head whipping to stare at him with murder at the tip of his tongue. "Ugh!" Barbara groaned at the idiots in front of her, continuing what she was saying. "I can watch them, so can Alfred. It's either that, or dad. Considering the situation, you don't have a lot of options"

"Fine, whatever!" Joker grumbled, crossing his arms to look away from the two. "I guess...Alfie can watch them with me"

"With you? Need I remind you what happened last time?" Barbara questioned, looking at Joker with an incredulous look. "You weren't even there" "No, but I watched on the cameras" She rolled her eyes. "If you think you can handle watching them with Alfred, then fine. But whether you can handle it or not, Alfred still has to watch them. Agreed?"

"...agreed" Joker huffed, shoulders slouching in defeat. "Good. Now that's settled, Dad, I can send you all information Bruce has on the case"

"Thank you. Joker? When can I get this statement?" Jim asked, and the clown turned to him with a sigh. "Whenever, I don't care. The sooner, the better"

"How about now?" Jim quipped, looking at Joker with an expectant look in his eye.

"Fine, okay"