Chapter 19

(Once again, this chapter is split up. With Joker the text will be normal, with Harvey it will be in italics. I might re-write this chapter at a later date. I wanted this chapter to be the one of Joker's biggest moments, but I don't feel like I managed it well.)

Training had been surprisingly relieving. Both Barbara and Alfred helped him train to take up some of Batman's weapons. The Batterang was his favourite, each throw helping him release the anger, the fear, the regret. For the next few days, Alfred found Joker more often than not in the Batcave, training and letting out his emotions with punches and skill.

It reminded Alfred so much of Bruce, and it brought that worry back that he always felt when watching Bruce do the same.

Alfred was aware that saving everyone forced them in a slight time limit, but Joker wouldn't be too helpful on the mission if overcome with emotion. So, the butler knew this needed to be done. He just...'neglected' to tell Joker about him doing it.

"Master Jack, you have a visitor" Alfred had said on the afternoon on that same day, watching Joker's sweaty form huffing as he threw more punches and kicks at the punching bag in front of him. "Kind of busy, Al"

"Jack, forgive me when I say this, but I do not care" Those words made Joker stop his movements, looking at Alfred with a confused glance. "Now, I want you to see this visitor, and understand just why I booked for them to arrive. This behaviour isn't healthy"

"...you...booked my therapist" Joker deadpanned once they had arrived at the entrance, staring at the woman in front of him.

She was a beautiful black woman, her textured brown hair falling around her face and shoulders perfectly. She had golden glasses framing her face, light make-up complimenting the darkness of her skin. Joker noted that she didn't dress herself as a normal doctor would. She wore a rainbow top and bright blue dungarees, her doctors coat laid over the outfit. It made her seem less threatening, less like she was there to reform him and more like she was a friend. Joker didn't know if he liked that. 

He turned back to Alfred. "Like I said, your behaviour isn't healthy. Even if it's just a five minuet meeting, I want you to sit down with Doctor Bailey and talk things out. But that door will not open until Doctor Bailey believes you have made some progress. She will be back everyday to do this"

Joker looked like he wanted to argue a whole awful lot, but his body felt like it was shutting down from the all-morning training session he had put himself through, with no breaks in between.  The argument died inside of him, and he sighed with a small "Okay"

~~~

"Get your disgusting paws off'a me!" Harley spat, as one of the henchmen began to feel up and down her body.

"No can do, princess" A henchman they had came to learn was Axel spoke, his hands trailing up to rest against her breasts. She tried to squirm away from the touch, but with her legs now also bound, movement was hard.

"Get off of her, now!" Batman yelled, desperately trying to get out of his restraints, thoughts disoriented  by the drugs he was forced on. 

"Carry on, Axel" Harvey grinned, pulling out his camera to take some photos. "J is taking far too long. I think he just needs some incentive to hurry up"

He took photos of Harley being assaulted.

Took photos of The Bat barely coherent.

Took photos of Edward passed out from blood loss and infection.

Took photos of Nightwing's bruised face.

And took photos of Robin in the electric chair.