❁Chapter 8❁

Soft rays of the morning sun pierces from in between the curtain covered windows, dancing around the pale yellow walls of the room.

The warmth of the surays breaks Florian's exhausted slumber, and he wakes up with a smile.

But his smile doesn't last as the events from the previous night flashes in his mind. Feeling of guilt washes over him and he ducks his head low, twiddling with his fingers.

As he had already planned, he'd do anything to make it up to her today. Maybe prepare that dinner and get some flowers for her from the garden.

No one would mind, right?

With last bit of hope in mind, Florian gets out of the bed and makes it like usual. He follows up his routine, showering, dressing up and then going downstairs to the kitchen.

It is not as busy as yesterday, but Kaya's here, preparing breakfast.

Florian quietly makes his way to the cabinets and begins his work on waffles for breakfast. He doesn't want to be a disappointment again.

"Aleph!" Kaya exclaims upon seeing him, a sweet smile on her face. "Oh hush, you don't have to do all this. Just take a seat and I'll bring you breakfast."

"No, it's okay. I'll be quick today. I'm really sorry for how I behaved yesterday." He quickly justifies himself.

Kaya shakes her head, a drop of fear flashing across her eyes for a brief second. She suddenly takes his hands and pulls him away from the counter.

"I'm the one who should apologise, Aleph. I shouldn't have pushed you into working. Please, forgive me."

Florian squeezes her hands. "It's okay, you're my mother's age. You can always ask me to do anything."

Kaya smiles warmly at the boy. "Thank you, but really, you don't have to do anything. Alpha Feather has covered everything.

Also, all the other Alphas have arrived just an hour ago. You should be getting ready to greet them with the Alpha."

Florian's stomach twists at the idea of meeting so many strong and dominant people.

He is an Omega, obviously they're gonna look down on him. Or worse, make fun of Feather because of him.

He'd hate for Feather to feel ashamed in front of the others more than anything.

"Come on, go and get ready!" Kaya ushers him out of the kitchen, giving his butt a small motherly pat.

"Alright, alright." Florian chuckles and gets back to their room with a heavy heart.

Pacing the room, he ponders over various ideas on what could be done to thaw the ice around his Alpha when his eyes land on the garden from the windows.

He used to make amazing flower crowns when he was a little boy. He'd make them and the Luna would praise him with chocolates.

They were a very few of the best days of his life.

Yes, that's what he'd do. Make a flower crown for the queen of this castle.

He gets back to the kitchen when someone calls him for breakfast.

He meets Juliene and Grant there.

The man looks quite intimidating to the smaller boy, but has kind eyes, which put him at ease.

"Hey, we haven't met properly. I'm Juliene, the Beta." The red headed girl, who resembles so much like someone he knows, but couldn't quite put his finger on who. "Also, I'm your mate's twin. But- don't judge me for her shitty attitude." She winks.