❁Chapter 27❁

Grant's never seen power in all his life.

He never met his parents, doesn't know if they're even alive.

Even though he's part of a pack, he always felt lonely and like a rogue. He was his own man till a friend of him came to him with an offer.

To train for a role in the patrol team. For the first time in life, Grant had a purpose. He worked so damn hard that he ended up being the personal chauffeur for the young Alpha as well as a bodyguard when needed.

That's how he met his mate.

The most elegant and beautiful woman he'd ever seen. He couldn't believe the Goddess finally looked at him and made him pair with the Alpha's sister.

His chest filled with hopes of a future where he wouldn't have to worry about food, clothes, status or money. Addition to that privilege, he'd gotten the love of his life.

Soon all his dreams came to a halt as he realized the power Feather holds. The position of her being the Alpha Queen.

It could never be taken from her.

But his sweet and kind Juliene is so much more, she deserves a chance as well. She can be an amazing Alpha and together, they'd be the perfect rulers.

It is never possible since Juliene doesn't even want a position. She loves her sister way too much to go against her. The acknowledgement struck him hard.

He kept in for Juliene, he soothed his heart by saying Juliene's happiness is his happiness.

But he couldn't bear to see his capable mate just being a Beta, cleaning after Feather's mess, it angered him.

A golden chance arose when Janson challanged Feather. Grant thought if Janson won, then later Juliene could challange him and win the title from him. But that also went in vain, instead Florian became the colateral damage.

Right amidst the fight, feeling one of the bond's breaking through their pack link, and seeing Feather's distraught self, Grant found hope again.

A hope to have it all without hurting anyone.

Florian's heart stopped for a couple seconds but the doctor had immediatly pumped him the serum, built from Feather's blood, to help heal fast and a couple minutes of doing CPR later, Florian was revived.

The bonds were broken by then and Florian's weakened state prevented his wolf from connecting with others right away, the bane in his blood didn't help at all.

It was Grant's chance and he took it. He had kidnapped Florian from the hospital and taken him far away from their territory.

Far from Feather, far enough to not let him able to connect or reform a bond with anyone.

The doctor and nurse present at the moment were put on spells by the help of one of Grant's witch friends so neither could tell that the Aleph was revived.

All the preparation of the funeral was arranged by Grant.

They bid farewell to a rag doll and as time went on and Feather's will crumbled, Grant found his dream coming true.