❁Chapter 31❁

Low growls and playful howls bounce the serene atmosphere of the woods, mingling with the slow breeze causing the rustles of the leaves, as the pair run around.

They have lost count of how long they've been running till the Omega becomes too exhausted to continue running and flops down on the ground.

Feather runs over to her small wolf and nuzzles his nose, licking over his head affectionately, making him comfortable.

They stay there for a couple more minutes till Florian is okay to get on his paws again. Feather nudges his side and gestures for him to get on her back but the Omega shakes his head and keeps on leading their way back to the house.

Reaching home, they change into human forms and shower together, obviously leading to more work-out, then comes out in fresh clothes.

"Get some sleep, baby. I need to check some mails." Feather informs, pecking his forehead.

Florian juts his bottom lip out and grabs her arms with both of his hands, not wanting her to go.

"Let me stay with you." He pleas with big puppy eyes and yawns right after.

Chuckling and shaking her head fondly, Feather effortlessly lifts him in her arms and carries him to her office, the one attached to their room, and settles on the spinny chair behind the desk.

Florian makes himself comfortable on her chest with his arms around her torso. Feather keeps an arm around him to prevent him from falling while she checks the mails with her free hand.

No matter how inconveniencing the position is, Feather wouldn't trade it for the world.

An hour later, when Feather thought Florian had fallen asleep, she shuts the laptop down, "Finally," and jumps when suddenly Florian speaks up.

"Geez! You scared me, Flo!" She laughs and playfully slaps Florian's ass.

"Alpha." Florian whines, nuzzling her neck as he lets himself be carried back to their bed.

While they settle on the soft mattress, with Florian tucked securely in his Alpha's arms, he decides to bring out a topic he's been wanting to talk for a while now.

He is nervous and not sure how would Feather react but he has to.

"Can I ask you for something?" He begins with an innocent question.

He knows damn well Feather would swoon over those words.

"Of course, baby." She cooes, kissing the tip of his nose, playing with the fluffy curls.

Swallowing nervously, Florian musters up the courage to keep their eye contact and shed some light to the elephant in the room.

"Let's bring Juliene back."

And everything falls silent.

Feather stiffens and her mate can feel the tense emotions running inside her. He shuffles closer and cups her face gently.

"Hey, it's okay. Relax." He softly speaks but Feather refuses to meet his eyes. "I know it's hard but please, Alpha. We need her."

"She left on her choice." She grits out.

"And you didn't stop her." He points out, caressing her cheek with his thumb. "I know you miss her. Please call her back."

Closing her eyes, Feather takes a deep breath and releases it shakily, her heart aching at the reminder of her sister.

Florian's eyes stay at her rigid expression and it tugs at his heart to realize how much pain his lover is in. He wants to make it all better with a flick of his finger, to bring his Alpha's smile back.

He's seen how Feather struggles to take decisions without her twin, or her training skills lacking because everything reminds her of their time spent together.

It's been only the two of them for as long as they remember, and it must be so haunting to stay on her own now. Though she has Florian, he knows he'd never replace Juliene's presence in her life.

"I can't forget what Grant did. He kept you away from me for one whole month. He let me believe I was alone, that I have lost my mate. He made me suffer and go insane in order to become the leader! How can I just forget all that?!"

Florian wipes the escaped tears off her temples and pulls himself closer to her, brushing their noses together. He knows skin to skin contact will placate her raging wolf.

"I'm not telling you to forget anything, or even forgive Grant. I'm just telling you to give them a chance. Read the letters and mails Grant had sent over the weeks. He's repenting and I believe him.

Juliene needs her sister by her side now. Don't you wanna hold your niece or nephew when they're born? You're gonna be an aunt, Feather!"

Her eyes finally meet his and she sniffles, a ghost of a smile taking over her lips. Florian smiles, kissing her sweetly.

"I love you, Flo. How do you always manage to say the right words at the right time?"

A grin spreads across Florian's face as he tackles her in a bone crushing hug, making them both giggle loudly.

"I love you I love you I love you." He chants.

"I know." Feather wraps her arms around him and rolls them over so she's on top, both of them breathing a bit fast.

"Let me reward you for your wisdom." She winks.

As she's about to lean down and kiss the life out of him, Florian lets out a huge yawn, causing the Alpha to break in laughter.

"Stop!" He whines in embarrassment and hides his face in her neck, leaving a kiss there.

Still laughing heartily, Feather lays back down and pulls the cover over their bodies. She kisses his head and holds him tight.

"Sleep well, my love."

Florian hums and pushes himself impossibly closer to his Alpha, their wolves content and purring from pure ecstacy as they fall asleep in each other's arms.

_________

Vote & comment.