Chapter 6

Jordan

I wasn't trying to impress Moses by ordering a private car, it's just how I get around right now. My job gave everyone a vehicle bonus, and for those of us without vehicles we got a pass with a local private limo company. Usually Darlene gives me a ride or gets me an uber so I get to use my passes recreationally.

"Can we also get milkshakes?" Jared was the most excited about going to the mall. I am convinced my brothers think I got a job to buy them stuff, well I slightly did.

"Fine, we can get milkshakes too."

Jared fist pumps and does a little dance in his seat and we all laugh.

"Your brother is so cute," Moses says as he interlocks his fingers with mine.

Jared is sitting between us, while Jason sits upfront with the driver. I smile as I lock eyes with him and fight the urge to push my brother aside.

The mall is pretty empty so we run around a bit and just enjoy walking through the stores. I got my brothers some additional school clothes and talked Moses into letting me buy him a jacket he was staring at.

"But it's almost eighty dollars," he tries to protest.

"I can afford eighty dollars." I say as I hand it to the clerk.

We finally go to the food court for lunch and grab some burgers. I can see that Moses is a little shy to eat in front of us so I try to keep my brothers distracted.

"Jordan! Hey there kid!"

I jump and hug Bailey, " Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you since graduation." I back away and look down on her stomach, "And you are pregnant?'

She laughs and holds her stomach, "Yes, I'm thirty weeks now." I look over at the stroller and see a kid around two years old and point to him, "This is DJ, he's my second actually, Oldest just started kindergarten."

"Wow," I exclaim, "What a difference six years can make."

"I know right," she laughs, " I remember when you had to wheel a bag around because the books were too heavy for you. So tiny and cute."

I hide my face and laugh slightly embarrassed.

"And Jackson?"

"Jason." I correct as she turns to my brother.

"Yes. Your mom used to dress you guys up in the cutest matching clothes for games." She gushes and claps.

She looks over at Jared and I feel my chest tighten.

"Is this your sister? Julia, right."

Jared lowers his head and I pull Bailey away lightly.

"Actually he uses he him pronouns, and his name is Jared."

Bailey gasps and covers her mouth, "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Jared," she quickly corrects, "The last time I saw you, you were like four or five so I didn't know."

"It's okay," Jared says as he tries to plaster a smile on his face while taking a sip of his milkshake.

Bailey squeezes my shoulder and smiles, "listen I should get going, tell your parents I said hi."

I smile as Bailey walks off pushing her stroller then sit back down with my brothers and Moses.

"Guessing she isn't a close friend?" Moses asks as he brushes his hand through my hair.

"Not really," I say, staring at my probably cold fries, "She was one of the girls in high school who would baby me, so I never really hung out with them."

"Who did you hang out with then?" Moses sounds interested as he plays with my curls.

"The basketball team. Coach Windsor let me be the team assistant manager, hand out water and towels to the guys. They basically made me their second mascot."

Moses smiles at me and bites his lips. I want to kiss him too but that's the point of bringing Jared, to keep us on our best behavior. I lean in and give Moses a peck on cheek and he playfully pulls me back in but I shake my head and gesture to Jared. He leans in and kisses my forehead and continues to run his fingers through my hair.

"Disgusting!" Jason playfully exclaims as he gives us a funny look.

"You guys are so cute," Jared giggles as he talks and I can't help but laugh too.

Moses shuffles closer and puts his arms around my shoulder and pulls me in. I can smell the soap on him, I should probably teach him about cologne and pairing scents which is something I learned from all my older friends.

"I like you a lot," I look up and say to him, focused on his dark brown eyes.

"I like you a lot too," he replies as he stares at my lips.

I know it hasn't been a day yet, but I think I'm falling in love.