Chapter 10

Jordan

"Germany?" I stare at the pamphlet Darlene handed me, slightly happy but mostly terrified.

"Yes! And the company will take care of everything. We can even get you a host family or a guardian, whatever your Dad agrees to." Darlene's excitement can't be hidden.

I grip the pamphlet tightly kinda scared that if I let it go this opportunity will fly away. Five months in Germany at their MDev office for a promotion training.

"But," I can't believe I'm about to say this, " I've been here for only around a year, plus I'm only fifteen. "

"And that's how impressed we all are with you." Aaron chimes in.

Darlene pats my shoulder and I look up to see her smiling at me, "I am the one that recommended you for this opportunity, and all the executives agreed. You're making waves kid, so surf them."

I skim through the pamphlet again and sigh, "I have to ask my Dad."

"How about I come over for dinner and help you talk to him." Darlene's voice is reassuring but I'm still unsure.

I watch as she texts my Dad.

------------------------

I jump out of the Uber Darlene got me and slowly make my way up the driveway.

"Uh, hey!"

I turn and see Moses standing by the hoop and suddenly my worries disappear.

"Hey!" I jog over to him and lean in and kiss him quickly.

"You were zoned out, are we still playing?" he asks as he wipes his sweat with his shirt.

I smile up at him and bite my lips, "I'm kinda tired, work stuff."

Moses eyebrows perk up, "What kind of work stuff?"

"I don't want to talk about it. How was your day?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

Moses and I both laugh out loud, so loudly I see my Dad open the window curtains to watch us.

"We have an audience now," I point at my Dad and Moses turns and waves.
Dad waves back and closes the curtains and very quickly appears at the door.

"No hanky panky!" he shouts then closes the door again.
I cover my face embarrassed and Moses leans in and hugs me with his sweaty shirt. I actually don't care that he is sweaty or stinky, I just like that he is holding me.

"You know coach Windsor, right?" Moses timidly asks.

"Of course I know Coach," I beam at Moses trying to give him a calming smile, "he is very fair and never plays favorites, not even with me."

Moses leans back and nods his head.

"Nervous about tryouts?"

Moses nods his head confirming and we both laugh.

I run my hand across his cheek and with my fingers make a circular motion on his ear lobe massaging it.

"Just relax and do your best," I say as I continue to massage his ear, "don't psych yourself out before you even hit the court."

Moses leans in and lays his head on my shoulder.
We sort of sway back and forth not even realizing we are doing it. I relax into him then finally move his face to meet mine.

"I wish we could stay like this forever," Moses says before I have a chance to let out a word.

"Me too," I reply.

I pull him in and kiss him softly and stop when I hear Mr. Gonzalez clear his throat.

"Goodnight Jordan." He gives me a friendly smile but his eyes are piercing me like a dagger.

"Goodnight Mr. Gonzalez," I give Moses a quick hug and he kisses my cheek. I walk towards the house and we slowly untwine our fingers.
It's nice having someone to come home to, I finally get what Greg means.

Once I'm inside my Dad and my brothers greet me with some light teasing.

"Saying hello to your new boyfriend before your family," Jason pinches my cheeks and I push his hands away.

"So should I just pretend I don't see him?" I ask as I hang up my thin jacket.

" Yes, as your father I am priority! " My Dad laughs and slaps the chair as he throws his head back.

"Is dinner ready yet?" I ask as I make my way to the kitchen.

Jared stands on the chair and points at Dad, " We should invite Mr. Gonzalez and Moses for dinner. "

"I'll text them," Dad whips out his phone and I run to stop him.

"Stop!"

Dad laughs and puts his phone away.

"Fine, but I'm inviting them to dinner Friday with Darlene."

"What, why?" I ask.

"It's just dinner right?"

I smile and nod at Dad, "Right."
Maybe the additional company will make everything go smoothly.