Chapter 7

Moses

Am I a sugar baby now? I'm older than him, and we are both teenagers. He is just so mature though and I feel like I am not on his level.

Jordan has an adult job and adult money, and from little things I've heard Jared say he might have adult responsibilities too. I am a B average high school student with no money, no job, no responsibilities. The only thing we seem to have in common is we are both gay, like basketball and have mommy issues. Granted his mommy issues are the fact that she died, mine is the fact that I am trying to escape her.

I look at my caller id, it's Mom again for the twentieth time today. I texted her earlier and said that I was hanging out with Mr. Joseph's sons getting to know the town and she started texting continuously about why I shouldn't get too close to them.

™ These kids might be jealous you have your mommy while theirs is dead.

I have been ignoring her as much as possible, but now it's getting noticeable.

"You can answer if you need to." Jason says as we rifle through Nintendo Switch titles, well he rifles I silence my phone.

"No, I will call my Mom when we get home." I join him in looking through games I can't afford and I don't want Jordan to buy for me. I don't even have a Switch.

A hand creeps around my waist and Jordan bumps my hip with his. He took Jared to the bathroom and finally caught up with us.

"See anything you guys like?" He asks so casually that I feel out of place.

"We already have most of these, plus nothing else is popping out at me." Jason puts a sixty dollar game back on the shelf and just walks off like having a bunch of Switch titles is normal.

"Can I get a plushie for my Pokemon hammock?" Jared uses a very sweet tone and holds tight to his not an adult but has adult money older brother.

"Go pick the one you like," Jordan gives Jared a quick peck on the top of his head and watches him race to the plushies.

I reach out and intertwine my fingers with Jordan's and we move in closer.

"See anything you like?"

I shake my head, "I don't have a Switch."

"What console do you use?"

I shrug my shoulders then lean in and kiss him.

"Are you trying to change the subject?"

I lean in and kiss him again and he blushes.

"Jared picked out his toy and I found this keyring I like."

Jordan smiles at Jason and takes the keyring from him then takes Jared and his plushie to the counter.

"So Moses," Jason gives me a wide smile, "break my brother's heart, and I'll break your kneecaps with my bat."
He pats my shoulder and joins his brothers leaving me standing there with my jaw dropped, I think he means it.

Back at the house we go into their side where our Dad's are making dinner.

"Hey boys, how was the mall?" Mr. Joseph asks with a wide grin.

"I got a new plushie, it's a gold Magikarp."

Mr. Joseph smiles at Jared but then eyes Jordan. Jason taps Jared on the shoulder and signs something, Jared signs back then runs upstairs.

"Got your brothers new clothes too?" Mr. Joseph doesn't really seem happy and I don't know what to expect.

I look over at my Dad and see that he is staring at the bag in my hand.

"It's a jacket," I say, holding up the bag.

"Did you buy that too?" Mr. Joseph asks Jordan as he points at my bag.

"How about we talk about this later?" Jordan gives his Dad a look I usually see my Dad give my Mom.

"How much did you spend?" Mr. Joseph is definitely not happy.

"Doesn't matter."

"What's for dinner?" Jason asks as he makes his way to the counter.

"You need to learn financial responsibility." Mr. Joseph is trying to get Jordan to back down, all Jordan has to do is say sorry and I'm sure everything will be okay.

"Dad, I already met a financial adviser who helped me budget my money. I am way under my miscellaneous spending for the month."

Mr. Joseph is quiet, and I'm scared.

"Go set the table." Mr. Joseph goes back to cooking, Jordan and Jason set the table, I help my Dad.