Chapter - 6

Double update guys, as many of you have wanted.

Neil reached at the scene within 15 minutes with an ambulance. He didn't know what happened but Harsh sounded really serious on the phone. The moment he reached there his world turned upside down. Abhimanyu is sitting on the ground with a bloodied shirt and tears are flowing from his eyes. Harsh is also crying. He hurriedly got out of the ambulance and ran towards Harsh. 

"Papa", called Neil. Harsh looked at his younger son. "Yeh kya ho rha hai", asked Neil.

"I will tell you everything but abhi we need to go to the hospital urgently. He raised his hands to the staff and told them to bring a stretcher. He carefully pulled Akshara from the car seat and laid her down on the stretcher. 

"Bhabhi.. papa bhabhi ko kya hua hai. Unhe itni chot kaise lgi. Woh theek toh hai na", asked Neil hurriedly.

"Not now, Neil. I have talked with Dr. Sangeeta. She will be waiting for Akshara at the entrance. Aur aap us gadi mai ek patient hai aap sab use hospital lekar paunche. We are coming behind you. Ambulance aram se chalana. Patient ko koi problem nhi honi chahiye", instructs Harsh. The staff nodded and did as they were told. 

Neil helped the staff to shift the driver in the ambulance. He is shivering from inside to look at the condition of the car.  Something bad had happened. He then went towards Abhi and was shocked to see Abhi holding Manjari's bloodied hands tightly. Manjari's whole body was limp and her eyes were opened. 

"Maa, bhai maa ko kya hua hai? Maaa", shouted Neil. "Bhai aap yha kyun betho jaldi hospital chalo dekho maa ka kitna khoon beh rha hai". 

Harsh came and hugged Neil and said "Manjari is no more beta. Woh hum sabko chod kr chali gyi. She is not with us anymore". Neil pushed Harsh away from him. How dare he talk about his mother like that?

"Yeh kya bol rhe hai aap. Maa hai woh meri. Kuch nhi hua hai. Bhai dekhiye yeh kya bol rhe hai maa ke baare mai", said Neil. 

He went to the other side of the car and opened the door. "Bhai chaliye hume maa ko hospital lekar jana hai, dekhiye kitna khoon beh rha hai". As soon as Neil lifted Manjari's hand it fell down like a limp. Her eyes were open but there was no moment, no shine in it. Neil with a shivering hand put his fingers under her nose and didn't find any breath. He with shivering hands checks her pulse but finds none. His feet staggered and he collapsed on the floor.

Harshvardhan quickly went there and embraced his youngest son. Oh god! How will he manage his kids alone? "Neil, beta", said Harsh. Neil started crying hysterically babbling 'maa' only. He saw her in the morning only. She is all hale and hearty. She promised to make his favourite dish for today's dinner, then what happened suddenly. His mother cannot leave him like this.

"Mujhe kuch samajh nhi aa rha hai, papa? Yeh sab kaise hua?" asked Neil. Harsh tells him everything he knows from Abhi coming to the hospital to the incident where Manjari got shot.

"Kaun the woh log jinhone maa ke sath yeh sab kiya hai. Mai chodunga nhi unhe. Unki himmat kaise huyi yeh sab karne ki. They took my mother from me. I won't leave them", shouted Neil angrily.

"I don't know beta, unhone mask pehna hua tha. But maine police ko call kr diya hai woh ati hi hogi. Tab tak hume Abhi ko control krna hai. Usne pichle adhe ghante se kuch nhi bola hai", said Harsh. Neil nodded his head. He kissed his mother's forehead and went towards Abhi. His brother needs him right now. He can't leave him when he needs him the most.

"Bhai, maa is not with us anymore. Aapko khud ko sambhalna padega", said Neil. But Abhi didn't give heed to Neil's words. He is lost in his own world. His mother cannot leave him. How will he survive without her? He needs his mother like the next breath. No, she can't leave him.

"Bhai please, samjho. Bhai bhabhi needs you. Unki kaisi halat hai iss time pr hume kuch nhi pta hai. Bhabhi needs you bhai. Your babies need you bhai", said Neil. But Abhi is still in his own world. He didn't react to anything. Neil reached over and squeezed his brother's shoulders. That's all he can do right now. He looked at his father for help but Harsh shook his head knowing he couldn't do anything.

Neil took out his phone and called Shefali. Somebody should be with Akshara at this point. She can't be left alone in that state. He would have called his wife but knew she would not be a good choice. Harsh called his brother and informed him about the unfortunate incident. 

In a matter of hours, the whole family is shattered. When they left the home this morning nobody expected they would hear this news. They never imagined in their wildest dreams that Manjari would be gone. 

After coaxing Abhi, they somehow remove Manjari's hand from his. They took Manjari and Abhi to the hospital where Anand and Parth were waiting for them. "Chachi", sobbed Parth when he saw his beloved aunt like this. She loves him more than his own mother. Neil and Parth embraced each other. Their grief can't be put into words right now.

"Parth, Akshara kaisi hai?" asked Harsh sadly.

"She is stable right now. Both the babies are fine but they will keep her here sometime for observation", said Parth.

"Acha hai, I don't want her to face all this in this condition. It will be really traumatic for her", said Harsh. Everybody agreed to keep this news away from Akshara at this time. She is already very weak, they can't put more stress on her. It would not be good for her and her babies.

All the members of the Birla Family arranged everything for Manjari's funeral. They have given their statement to the police. But Abhi hasn't spoken a single word till now. He is lost in his own world. Tears were flowing from his eyes, but he was not reacting to anything.

Here, Arohi came to Akshara's ward where she was resting. Shefali is sitting with her. She also had tears in her eyes. "Bhabhi aap jaiyee, mai Akshu ke pass bethti hoon kuch der ke liye. Ghar mai sabko apki zaroorat hai", said Aarohi.

Shefali is reluctant to leave Akshara in this condition but she needs to go home. Being the elder daughter-in-law she has to arrange for everything. The minute Shefali stepped out of the hospital Akshara started gaining consciousness. 

"Maa", mumbled Akshara.

"Akshu, are you okay? Ruk mai abhi teri doctor to bulati hoon", said Aarohi. She rang the bell to call the nurse. 

"Maa", Akshara mumbled again. The nurse and doctor rushed to Akshara's ward. 

"Akshara, can you hear me?" asked the doctor.

"Hmm, mere bache", said Akshara after opening her eyes.

"Don't worry they are fine. Your kids are absolutely fine. Don't take any tension", said the doctor. Akshara is happy to hear that. Suddenly, she remembered everything. How the goons attacked them. How did they put a gun on her forehead? She started breathing rapidly thinking about all these things.

"Calm down Akshara, calm down. Zayada tension lena is not good for your health. Calm down", said the doctor.

"Maaa, kahaa hai, mujhe maa ke pass jana hai. Unhe bulao. Aaru, maa ko bula", said Akshara while breathing heavily.

"Akshara calm down, it's not good for your baby's health. Mai bula rhi tumhari maa ko, just calm down", said the doctor. The doctor tried everything to calm Akshara. But Akshara looked towards Aaru continuously asking for Manjari.

"Akshu, chup ho jaa. Mai maa ko nhi bula sakti. Woh nhi aa sakti yha pr", shouted Aarohi. She got fed up with the continuous rant of Akshara.

"Kyun, kyun nhi bula sakti. Woh theek toh hai na", asked Akshara in a slow voice. She is so scared right now. She is feeling terrible. Like someone is going away from her. 

"Nhi maa theek nhi hai. She is not with us anymore", shouted Aarohi.

"Iska kya matlab hai? Woh kha gyi hai?" asked Akshara dumbly.

"Woh iss duniya ko chod kr humesha ke liye chali gyi hai. She is dead! Suna tune Akshu, maa is dead. She is not in this world anymore", replied Arohi.

TO BE CONTINUED

A/N How do you think Akshara will react to the news? Do you think she will blame herself for the death of Manjar? Do you think Abhi will blame Akshara for Manjari's death?