Chapter - 26

Abhimanyu is sleeping soundly when he feels someone shaking his shoulder. He blinked until he focused on his wife and saw her half lying; half sitting on the bed. He instantly got up and turned on the light of his nightstand.

"What's wrong Akshu? Pain ho rha hai kya? Doctor ke pass challe", Abhi babbled rapidly without giving her a chance to answer.

"Shhh! Abhi. Not now. Can you help me sit up? My back hurts so bad. I need to sit", Akshu moaned in pain. Abhi pulled her up had her sit between his legs and started rubbing her back to release some pressure from her back. 

"Feeling better", asked Abhi while massaging her back.

"No, but you continue doing it", replied Akshu. She sagged against his back and yawned loudly. 

"Sleep, baby", Abhi whispered in her ears. Akshu nodded her head and slept within a second. It's been weeks since she had a good night's sleep. Either the babies are kicking her or her back hurts so much that she couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep.

After two hours of sitting upright in bed trying not to move, Abhi's back starts paining too. He has to use the washroom now, but Akshara is so comfortable after a very long time so Abhi sat there without moving an inch as much as he can. Akshara's comfort and wellness comes first.

Abhi felt Akshara move a little and a moment later, she started to blink. "Abhi help me, I need to use the washroom. The baby is jumping on my bladder", Akshara grumbled.

"Sure, baby", mumbled Abhi under his breath. He helped Akshara to stand. She waddles to the washroom. Abhi goes behind her. He helped Akshara sit down on the pot. 

"Akshu can you do it fast", asked Abhi and started jumping on his spot.

"Abhi, kya ho gya hai aise uchal kyun rhe ho", asked Akshara.

"I have to take the piss. Do it fast", said Abhi. Akshara rolled her eyes but stood up with the help of Abhi and to give him some personal space. She waddled back to the room. 

Abhi came from the washroom while rubbing his eyes to evade his sleep. In this, he didn't notice the puddle of water and shocked Akshara standing near the couch. He put his feet on the puddle and slipped. He slipped on the floor and hit his forehead with the corner of the dressing table. Abhi shouted in pain. 

"What the hell?" shouted Abhi. His shirt and pants were soaked with water. "Yeh pani kaha se aya".

"Yha se", replied Akshara meekly pointing to her pants which were soaked. 

"What's this", asked Abhi stupidly. He was still lying down on the floor.

"My water broke", replied Akshara.

"Kya", said Abhi and stood up instantly but his foot slipped again and this time he got hit on the eyebrow.

"Oh my God, Abhi are you alright", asked Akshara concernedly.

"Yes, I am absolutely fine. Tum baitho yha pr. Why are you standing?" said Abhi hurriedly. He immediately stood up. 

"Sambhal ke", said Akshu. Abhi rolled his eyes. He helped her sit on the bed. Akshu touched his forehead and saw a bump on his forehead. He even had a cut on his eyebrows. She pressed it a little and Abhi winced.

"Zayada zor se lga hai. Are you alright?" asked Akshara.

"Mera chodo mai bilkul theek ho. Are you alright? Do you feel any pain?" asked Abhi worriedly. He is not even thinking about anything right now apart from Akshara and his babies' well-being.

"No, I am fine. Abhi tak kuch feel nhi ho rha hai. Bas sticky-sticky feel ho rha hai. I need to change", said Akshara.

"Akshu, we need to go to the hospital, immediately. Hum whi jakar change krenge", said Abhi and started running in the room like a headless chicken arranging things for the hospital. Akshara's hospital bag is already packed. They have packed babies' clothes, caps and mittens in separate bags already.

"Abhi, stop it", shouted Akshara. Abhi stopped whatever he was doing. "We have to change our clothes first. Look at you. You are soaked. So do I. So, we will change clothes first".

"But Akshu, we need to go hospital urgently", said Abhi.

"No, I am not going to the hospital in these sticky clothes", said Akshara. She tried to stand up but could not do it. "Ab kya dekh rhe ho, help me". Abhi instantly rushed to help her. He grabbed fresh clothes for them and rushed to the washroom to change. He hurriedly changed his clothes and started helping Akshara.

"Abhi", said Akshara lovingly. Abhi looked up and saw her giving him a big smile. Abhi narrowed his eyes. Something is not right. 

"Could you shave my legs for me? Mujhe hospital aise nhi jana with this jungle on my legs" asked Akshara lovingly. 

"Akshu, are you fu*king kidding me? You want me to shave your legs in the mi......" Abhi's rambling was cut short when Akshara grabbed his hand in a very tight grip and grimaced in pain.

"This is paining so much", moaned Akshara in pain. After some seconds, her contraction passed and both of them took a big sigh of relief.

"Tum yha baitho", said Abhi and called his father and sister-in-law to inform them about Akshara. They immediately rushed to Abhira's room.

"Hospital chale", said Harsh breathlessly. "Mai gaadi nikalta hoon" and immediately rushed outside. He also informed others about Akshara's condition.

"Akshu, are you alright", asked Shefali. Akshara nodded her head. Abhi and Shefali helped her to sit in the car and on their way to the hospital.

"Comfortable", asked Abhi. She nodded her head. 

They are about to reach the Birla Hospital when another contraction hit her. "Breathe through it baby, just breathe", said Abhi demonstrating how to breathe. 

"What the f*ck do you think I am doing", Akshara yelled at him. Shefali and Harsh snickered from the front seat.

"Bahut hasi aa rhi hai aap sabko", said Akshara with gritted teeth. She grabbed Abhi's hand and squeezed it tightly while breathing through her contraction. Everyone shushed. Harsh stopped the car and rushed to get the wheelchair for his daughter-in-law.

"Tum log andar settle ho jao. I am informing the doctor and doing the other required procedures", said Harsh. Abhi nodded his head and wheeled Akshara to the maternity ward. He settled her in the room. Akshara was immediately hooked to various machines, and an IV was administered to her.

"Everything looks good, Akshara. Your babies will be here soon", said the doctor.

Akshara and Abhi smiled listening to this. They will meet their babies very soon. Abhi leaned to give Akshara a quick peck on her lips when she snarled at him. "Yeh kya kr rhe ho tum".

"I was going to kiss you, just a small one", Abhi defended himself.

"You motherfu**er, haven't you done enough? Mai aaj iss condition mai sirf tumhari wajah se hoon. You put me here aur ab kiss kr rhe ho mujhe. Dur raho mujhse. Don't even think about touching me ever again", Akshara shouted at him. She then grabbed his fingers crushing it hard when another contraction hit her.

"Sorry", mumbled Abhi.

"Stop whining Abhi", said Akshara angrily. Abhi just nodded his head. He knew every word that came out of his mouth would be held against him. So, like a good, obedient husband he shut up. He started wiggling his fingers to get them back to life. They have a huge role to play today. 

"This is gonna be a long night, Abhi. Be prepared for it", thought Abhi mentally preparing himself to take all the curses and ranting his wife would provide to him.

TO BE CONTINUED