Chapter - 28

"It's a girl, Akshara and Abhimanyu. It's a girl", the doctor announced to the couple about their baby.

"Girl.....", Abhi asked the doctor in a small voice. He looked at his wife, tears were leaking from their eyes continuously.

"Yes, it's a girl. Do you want to cut the umbilical cord, Abhimanyu", the doctor asked Abhi. Abhi nodded and moved a little to cut her cord and free her. Tears were continuously flowing from his eyes. With shaky hands, he cut her cord. The doctor handed his daughter to him.

"Put it on Akshara's chest quickly", the nurse instructed him. Abhi puts his daughter covered in blood and vernix on Akshara's chest. It is the most beautiful sight he has ever seen.

"Our daughter", mumbled Akshara and looked at her husband. Tears were rolling down their cheeks. 

"Thank you so much, Akshu. Thank you so much", said Abhi. He would forever be thankful to his wife. He looked down at his daughter covered in blood on Akshu's chest. He had no idea he would feel this utterly happy and full of love like this. This tiny human being is his daughter. His own flesh and blood.

"I love you Abhi", whispered Akshu. 

"I love you most, Akshu. I cannot describe what I am feeling right now", said Abhi. He choked with the emotions he was feeling right now.

"Hold her", said Akshu. Abhi held her delicately like she would break and kissed her tiny button nose.

"My baby girl. My bacha", said Abhi. He is so overwhelmed right now, that he can't explain it. This picture will forever be etched in Akshara's memory. This moment is so perfect for her.

Abhi is just looking at his daughter, forgetting everything when Akshara starts moaning in pain again. Abhi looked at her and saw her gritting her teeth in pain.

"Oh...my....god.....Abhi", yelled Akshara. Abhimanyu instantly handed over his daughter to the nurse and held Akshara's hand tightly.

"Okay Akshara, looks like your next baby is eager to meet their sister. The baby wants to join the party soon", said the doctor and came to her position. She instructed Abhi and Nurse to hold Akshara's legs a little high. 

"Ahhhh......oh....god...I am never doing this again. No more... no more", Akshara moaned in pain.

"Akshu, calm down...this one will be easier", said Abhi to encourage her but Akshara held his t-shirt and glared at him angrily.

"Shut up, shut up", yelled Akshara. Abhi gulped his breath. She is looking so scary right now like she will eat him up. If looks could kill, Abhi will be dead by now.

"Akshara, I want you to start pushing when the next contraction hits you", said the doctor breaking the fight between the couple.

"Please get it out....get it out...I am so tired", Akshu moaned in pain. Abhi wiped the sweat from her brows. 

"Don't worry Akshara, this one will be the easier one. So far you are doing very well. You didn't have even the slightest tear", the doctor told Akshara and told her to push and pant.

The doctor is right, their next baby is easier for Akshara to deliver because only after 10 minutes and two pushes later, they hear another piercing cry of the baby. The sweetest sound they heard.

"It's another girl, Akshara. Congratulations you guys.  You have two beautiful girls now", the doctor announced to the couple. 

Abhi and Akshara looked at each other and smiled happily. Their girls. Their princesses are here. Tears were flowing from their eyes at a rapid pace.

"Abhimanyu, come cut the cord", the doctor instructed him and he once again cut the cord and freed his girl. He puts his daughter on Akshara's chest and kisses their foreheads.