Chapter - 27

It had been 5 hours since Akshara came to the hospital and she was only dilated to 2 centimetres. She is pacing up and down in the room to escalate her labour quickly. What the hell? Her babies will be stubborn just like their father, taking forever to do anything.

"Hy Akshu. I am back, with your ice chips", said Abhi cheerfully.

Akshara glared at him and snatched ice chips from his hands. "Where did you go for the ice, Antarctica", said Akshara mockingly.

"I am sorry. Mai bahar Parth bhai aur bhabhi se baat krne ke ruk gya tha", Abhi explained himself. 

"Wow, yha tumhari wife dard se pareshan hai aur tum bahar gappe lda rhe ho", said Akshara angrily.

"Sorry, Akshu", said Abhi. He had no other answer. Parth had warned him about this. Abhi thought about the conversation he had with Parth, just now.

"Abhi, Jo bhi Akshu bole bas sir juka ke haa krna hai. Use bikul bhi behas nhi krni hai", Parth gave this valuable knowledge to his brother.

"Par bhai meri Akshu toh bahut sweet aur bholi si hai. Maine use itne gusse mai kabhi nhi dekha", said Abhi. Parth snickered listening to his brother.

"Ohh, baby brother welcome to the labour room. Yha tujhe Akshu ka aisa roop dikhega jo tune kabhi imagine bhi nhi kiya hoga", said Parth. Abhi shuddered. He started wiggling his fingers to increase the flow of blood in them. It's paining alot. He was sure that his hand would break in two after his babies were born.

"Shefali was in labour for 5 hours that too with one kid only. Tere toh do bache hone wale hai, be prepared for double assault. Apne hath - pair sambhal kr rakhna", Parth warned him.

"Bhai, darao mat mujhe. Mujhe pehle hi bahut darr lag rha hai", said Abhi nervously.

"Kha kho gye tum, Abhi", said Akshara loudly taking him out of his reverie. 

"Khi nhi, Akshu. Tumhe kuch aur chahiye kya", asked Abhi lovingly. But Akshu rolled her eyes at him. 

"Abhi, these babies hate me. They are not coming out", said Akshara sadly. Tears started leaking from her eyes.

"No, Akshu aisa nhi hai. Babies don't hate you. In fact, they love you the most", said Abhi in a consoling way and wiped the tear from her eyes.

"No, they do Abhi. They do. It's been 5 hours and I am only dilated 2 cm. Can you believe it? 2", said Akshu while showing 2 fingers to him.

"It's okay Akshu, babies take time", said Abhi. Akshara again felt the contraction and squeezed her eyes shut.

"Ughh, this is so painful", moaned Akshara.

Abhi laxes his fingers with her despite how hard she squeezes them. He brushed the stray hair from her face. "Just breathe in and out", Abhi instructs her. She follows his guidance as the rest of the contraction moves through her. She breathes out and sighs feeling the strength being ripped from her minute by minute.

"I am so tired, Abhi. Tell them to come out. Yeh sirf tumhari baatein sunte hai", said Akshu. She is so tired right now. 

"Please babies come out soon. Mumma and Papa are waiting for you", said Abhi to Akshara's belly and kissed on it twice. 

"I am so tired Abhi. I want to sleep", said Akshara.

"I know. Don't worry babies ke hone ke baad tum ache se so jana", said Abhi and kissed her forehead.

"What are you doing, Abhi", shouted Akshu. "Don't come near me, at all. Yeh sab tumhari wajah se hua hai". Abhi remained quiet. He knew anything that came out of his mouth would be held against him so he kept quiet.