Chapter - 19

Arohi was listening to music when Neil entered the room. She had the mudpack on her face. She was painting her nails. Neil shook his head. She didn't even know that a few hours back the whole family was sweating bullets and his brother was crying his eyes out. Everybody was tensed for Akshara and here, her own sister was enjoying the beauty treatment.

Neil turned off the music and Arohi shouted loudly, "Why did you turn it off, Neil? Abhi mera favourite part ane wala tha".

"Arohi, bhabhi kha hai?", asked Neil. He is not in a mood to chit-chat with her idly.

"Huh? Yeh kaisa sawal hai. Hogi woh yhi kahi", said Arohi while shrugging her shoulders.

"You took the responsibility of looking after her, then how did you not know about her", shouted Neil. Arohi was shocked to hear this tone from Neil. He never shouted at her ever.

"Maine koi responsibility nhi li thi uski. Woh koi bachi thodi na jisse humesha ek caretaker ki zaroorat hogi", said Arohi.

"Arohi it's useless to talk with you. But phir bhi for your kind information, bhabhi is in the hospital. She had a severe panic attack some hours before", Neil informed her. 

"Ohh, I don't know that", replied Arohi. Neil laughed loudly listening to her response. Here her sister was in the hospital and instead of asking about her health, she responded like that. He was laughing so hard that tears pricked in his eyes. Arohi didn't understand anything. What's the matter with Neil? He was behaving so weirdly.

"Oh my god, what was I thinking? How stupid you are Neil Birla? How stupid", mumbled Neil while laughing. 

"Neil, are you okay? Tum itna has kyun rhe ho?" asked Arohi confusedly. After laughing for a few minutes, he calmed down.

"Why did you marry me, Arohi? Kya reason toh hoga mujhse shadi krne ka?" asked Neil bluntly. He can't take it anymore.

"Huh? Yeh kaisa sawal hai?" asked Arohi.

"Why did you marry me, Arohi?" shouted Neil. He had never been this angry, but today he felt like he would tear the world apart.

"Umm... Neil...", stuttered Arohi. 

"Why did you marry me, Arohi?" shouted Neil. Arohi stood up from the couch and gaped her husband. 

Neil held her shoulders and shook her violently while demanding the answers to his questions. "Why did you marry me, Arohi?" shouted Neil.

"Neil you are hurting me", said Arohi slowly. Neil removed his hold and started laughing.

"I am hurting you, no... It's you who are hurting me", shouted Neil.

"Jabse tum meri life mai ayi ho tabse you are hurting me. But ab bas ab aur nhi", shouted Neil. He went to his drawer took out the divorce papers and threw it at her face.

"I want a divorce", shouted Neil.

"Neil tum pagal ho gye ho kya. Yeh kya bol rhe ho", said Arohi. She never imagined in her wildest dreams that Neil would ever want to be separated from her.

"Haa, mai pagal hi tha. Pr ab aur nhi. I want a divorce", shouted Neil.

"Neil tum kaisi idiotic batein kr rhe ho. Stop talking about this nonsense. I am not giving you any divorce", shouted Arohi.

"You will, Arohi", said Neil in a determined voice.

"Neil, tum achanak se yeh sab kyun bol rhe ho. Kya hua hai aisa. We are so happy then why are you talking like this", said Arohi.

"Happy. Arohi tumhe definition bhi pta hai happy ki. We were never happy. Aur I believe tumhare sath koi khush nhi reh sakta. Do you know why? Because you are the most selfish person in this world. Tum apne alawa kisi aur ke bare mai kabhi soch hi nhi sakti ho", said Neil loudly.