Chapter - 13

"Abhimanyu beta himmat rakho. Tum agar aisey toot jaoge toh Akshara ko kaise sambhaloge", said Harsh.

"I can't tell this to Akshu", said Abhi. He can't imagine Akshara's condition after hearing this news. She will be completely devastated.

"Abhimanyu, look at me", said Harsh authoritatively. Abhimanyu looked at his father. Harsh has to take the command in this situation. His son is not in a position to take any decision right now.

He held Abhi's face in his hands and looked him eye to eye. "Abhi, hum abhi Akshu ko kuch nhi batyenge. Do you get it? We will not tell her anything right now", said Harsh.

Abhimanyu is confused. They have to decide about Akshara and babies now only. Otherwise, it will be too late. The situation is a little complicated, it can't be handle with any delay.

"I know what you are thinking beta. But we will take opinions from other doctors also. I will find India's best OB-GYN for my daughter. Koi na koi hume positive response zaroor dega. Hum Akshara aur humare bacho ko kuch nhi hone denge", said Harsh poitively.

Abhimanyu looked at his father in an aww. He hadn't thought about taking opinions from other doctors. He was so lost in his grief that he forgot to take the right course of action.

"Yes, you are right. We will get the best doctor for Akshu", said Abhi in a determined voice. Harsh smiled at him.

"Ab tum ghar jao Akshu tumhara wait kr rhi hai. She had tried calling you earlier also", said Harsh. Abhi looked at his phone and saw 5 missed calls from Akshara.

"Mera phone silent pr tha, mujhe pta hi nhi lga", mumbled Abhi.

"I know, maine Akshu ko message kr dia tha. She is relaxed now. Pr tumhe ghar jana chahiye ab", said Harsh. Abhimanyu nodded. Harsh took out his handkerchief from his pants and wiped his son's face. He handed him the glass of water. 

"Waise Abhimanyu kaun kahega ki tum doctor ho, woh bhi India's best. Yeh baat sunkar tumhara first reaction hona chahiya tha ki you should consult the other doctors pr tum toh yha rone lag gye", taunted Harsh.

Abhimanyu pouts. "Sorry, mai darr gya tha", mumbled Abhi. Harsh smiled. 

"Acha ab jaaoo. Meri bachi tumhara wait kr rhi hogi. Mai tumse raat ko baat krta hoon with some concrete results pr tum Akshara ko kuch nhi batana. We will find the best doctor for Akshu", instructed Harsh. Abhimanyu nodded his head. He gets up and collects Akshara's reports from his table. 

Harsh is looking at his phone from his contacts. He had assured Abhi but he was scared from inside for Akshara. They had to work quickly, they couldn't waste time.

"Sir", called Abhimanyu. Harsh looked up from his phone and saw Abhi.  Abhimanyu hugged his father and said, "Thank you". Harsh also hugged him tightly. It was the first time when Abhi initiated a hug with his father. He had tears in his eyes.

"Thank you for being here for me. I really need you, today", said Abhi.

"You are my son Abhi. I will always be here for you", said Harsh and patted his back. Abhimanyu nodded his head and went from there.

He reached home within some time. He directly went to his room. He opened the door of their room and was shocked. He never expected to see it that too today.

Akshara is standing in front of the mirror. Her tee is tucked under her bra and she is caressing her stomach very lightly. There was a bump. It was barely seen, but Abhi noticed it immediately. He was so attuned to her body that he could notice even the slightest change in her body. This was not the slightest but the biggest change in her body. Tears were glistening in her eyes. She looked up and saw her husband at the door. 

"Abhi", whispered Akshara. Her voice is laced with emotions.

"Akshu", said Abhi. He is moving forward towards her. He put his hands on hers.

"Our babies", whispered Akshu. Abhi nodded. Tears were glistening in his eyes too.

"Our babies", said Abhi. He sunk to his knees and kissed Akshu's bump. "Papa loves you bachas", said Abhi.

"Mumma too. I think I love you more than Papa", said Akshara. 

Abhi laughed. He knew Akshara was trying to lighten the situation and cheer him up.

"When did you notice it", asked Abhi as look upwards at Akshara.

"Just now. Pehle toh mujhe believe nhi hua but phir I looked at it properly and found the bump", said Akshara happily. Her eyes are shining with happiness. Abhi smiled and gave feather-like kisses to Akshara's bump.

"Aaj ka din kitna acha hai na. Pehle humne babies ki heart beats suni aur ab yeh bump. I am so happy Abhi", said Akshara. Abhi smiled looking at her exuberance.

"Yes, aaj ka din bahut acha hai. I promise you Akshu and my babies that I will always protect you. Mai tumhe kabhi kuch nhi hone doonga. I will always be your shield", said Abhi.

"I know Abhi. You are our very own Iron Man tum hume kabhi kuch nhi hone doge", said Akshara. Abhi got up from his position and kissed Akshara on the forehead.

"I will find the best doctor for you Akshu. Mai tumhe aur apne bachon ko kuch nhi hone doonga. I have already lost my mother but I will not lose the other important things of my life", Abhi thought in his mind. He promised himself to give the best care to Akshara and their babies. He will protect them at any cost.

"How is your patient Abhi? Woh theek toh ho jayega na?" asked Akshara. 

"The patient is fine Akshu. Haa, thode complications hai pr mai apni jee jaan lga doonga uske liye", said Abhi convincingly.

"Good, mere Iron Man ke hote hue kisi ko darne ki zaroorat nhi hai", said Akshara.

"Waah kl tak toh mai Captain America tha, aaj mai Iron Man ho gya. Ab kya mujhe Iron Man ka suit pehna padega", joked Abhi. Akshara laughed loudly. Abhimanyu also smiled and prayed for the well-being of his wife and kids.

TO BE CONTINUED