Chapter - 9

Neil came back from the hospital and went to his room to freshen up. He is so tired today. He never understood it before but managing a hospital is very tough. It is such a hard task. You have to look at a hundred things, make instant decisions and most importantly the reputation of the hospital should remain intact. After Harsh took the leave of absence, his workload increased tremendously. He is looking after Harsh's responsibility also.

He is removing his shoes when someone knocked on his door. "Yes", called Neil.

"Neil baba, pani", the servant said and handed him the glass of water. He instantly drank the water and put the glass back on the tray.

"Baba, aap chai lenge ya coffee?" asked the servant.

"Chai, woh bhi adhrak wali", replied Neil. The servant nodded and went into the kitchen to prepare the tea just like Neil wanted. Neil smiled. He knew it was Akshara's doing. The family didn't allow her to come to the kitchen and do any work but she still managed to take care of everyone. She with the help of staff takes care of everyone. She is one of a kind. He got up and went to look for her. 

Akshu is in the kitchen sitting on the slab and talking animatedly with Shefali who is preparing food for her son. "Mai bta rhi hoon apko bhabhi, woh pka Simar hi hai jo naagin ban gyi hai. Dekhna kal ke episode mai whi naagin nikelgi", said Akshara confidently.

"Nhi Akshu, woh nhi uski choti wali behen hi naagin hogi. Tune dekha nhi woh doodh ko dekh kr kaise uchal rhi thi. Pka whi naagin hogi", said Shefali putting forward her theory.

"Nhi bhabhi woh nhi hogi. Naagin ko toh doodh bahut pasand hota hai", said Akshara.

"Dekh lena Akshu, kal woh choti behen hi naagin nikelegi. Tujhe yaad nhi woh kaise adhi raat ko gayab ho jati hai", Shefali puts her point forward.

"Haa, yeh toh hai bhabhi. Yeh kal kab ayega. Mujhe bahut curiosity ho rhi hai ki kaun naagin hoga", whined Akshara. This is their daily routine. After Manjari's death Akshu and Shefali's bond got stronger than before. Shefali is more of Akshara's sister now. They do so many activities together now. They became the pillars of this family.

"Aap dono kya baat kr rhe ho?" asked Neil. He didn't understand what his sisters-in-law were talking about. What the hell is this naagin? Who named their child as naagin?

"Arey Neil, tujhe kuch chahiye tha kya?" asked Akshu.

"Nhi, bhabhi kuch nhi chahiye mujhe. Mai bas apse milne aa gya. Aap kaise ho?" asked Neil. 

"I am absolutely fine now, Neil", replied Akshara. She was licking something but Neil didn't know what she was licking.

"Aap kya kha rhe ho", asked Neil.

"Kha nhi choose rhi hoon", said Akshara cheekily. She showed him a lemon. 

"Chee bhabhi aap nimbu kha rhe ho woh bhi aise", said Neil while making faces at this weird choice of food.

"Arey Neil yeh toh kuch bhi nhi hai subah toh yeh madam Siracha sauce mai nimbu dip krke kha rhi thi", said Harsh. He came into the kitchen and put his arm on Neil's shoulder.

"Eww, how gross", said Neil while making a weird face.

"Ohh, Neil you don't know about its taste. It's awesome. Imagine khatta nimbu aur teekhi sauce kya mza ayega. Agar iske sath mustard sauce bhi mil jaye toh mza hi aa jaye", said Akshu. She is imagining licking all three items right now. She got up from the slab with a bang.

"Aram se", three voices rang simultaneously. Akshu waved them indicating she was fine. She opened the fridge and took out all the items. She dips the lemon in the mustard sauce and then in Siracha sauce and starts to lick it. Harsh and Neil make weird faces.