Chapter 11

The man hid among the bushes, watching as a group of people on horseback arrived at the lake. Each of them had the same symbol on their back: two glowing hands holding a sword.

"They are here. They will lead me to the Camp," thought the man. "I just need to wait for the right moment."

The opportune moment arrived when most of them lay down to sleep. Some remained awake, strolling among the trees.

It's time.

Those who decided to stand guard positioned themselves far enough from each other, so the man didn't have to worry about being noticed. He cautiously approached the man who had now stopped in place, lifting a cigarette to his mouth.

"I've become a master of stealth; I know exactly where to step," thought the man.

He rose slowly behind him, grinning as he drew a knife from his belt. He almost wanted to laugh at how foolish and naive these people were.

The man pressed his hand over the mouth of the guard in front of him, placed the knife against his neck, and before the guard could do anything, he cut his throat. He allowed the body to fall to the ground, watching as blood poured from the neck and mouth. The man on the ground reached out his hand, moved his lips, attempting to form words, but no sound came out.

Once the guarding man lay dead in front of him, he wiped his knife on his clothes and began to undress. He was quick but silent. Caution was necessary.

He undressed the corpse, exchanged their clothes, and if anyone asked him why his clothes were bloody, he would come up with a convincing reason, as always. He hid the body in one of the bushes, then straightened up and began to stroll quietly while whistling where the other man had done the same earlier.

He hoped that no one would notice that something had changed in one of the people. Despite their similar eye color and physique, his hair was slightly darker than the dead man's, and their faces were not entirely identical. For his own sake, and for the sake of the other party, he hoped that they wouldn't figure anything out. Because then he would have to resort to the "Plan B." And that wouldn't be pleasant.

Everything was going according to plan. No one noticed anything unusual, no changes. He received a few glances, but the scarf covering his face helped conceal most of it. They greeted him with smiles, and the guards continued on to talk with others.

By now, he was on a horse, studying the boy beside him. The black hair was disheveled, and signs of fatigue showed on his face.

But even so, he could see the boy's father in him.

The boy seemed to sense that someone was staring at him. Slowly, he turned toward the man, and his blue eyes met the man's golden eyes, just like years ago. The boy smiled, and the man had to force a smile too, not to arouse suspicion.

"Have we met before?" the boy asked.

"I don't think so, but I had a similar feeling," the man replied.

"I'm Daniel. Daniel Clark."

The man knew exactly who was beside him. He had encountered him before. After all, he was the target.

"I'm Ethan," the man grinned.

"Can we go?" the man at the front of the line asked. Daniel didn't pay attention anymore. Everyone shouted yes, and they set out on their journey.

Ana

I noticed the walls of the Camp before Leon announced that we had reached it. The walls were high, and as we approached, the gate slowly opened before us. People poured out of it. Leon accelerated ahead of us, and Chris followed suit, keeping pace with my brother. However, some slowed down.