Chapter 28

did she run 😰😰

read and we shall find out 😨‼️

Aurora's POV

Run.

With the blindfold on, I could only see the blaring lights give off a faint, warm glow onto my bare arms, ridden with goosebumps, and I pushed my body back down the same hall Mikhail led me through. Thank God for my pristine memory- I would've been far beyond fucked if I didn't remember how to get out of this damn maze. I scramble up the sandy stairs, deep breaths settling down in my chest, a growing prickly heat in my lower stomach.

Oh, God. Who the fuck gets turned on by running away?

Was I masochist? Technically, he wasn't hurting me. He was scaring me. He also had a gun in his waistbelt. And a torturous web of methods gratifying no bad person mercy. I guess I should be grateful I was on his good side, then. Cold shivers ransack through my body, all the way from my neck down to my white-painted toes. 

Heels, today? Worst idea you've ever fucking had.

There was no sign of him. Yet.

I speed-walked through the red hall, temporarily pausing at the connection where it met with the main floor. Music blared, people screamed, and I stood like I'd just seen a ghost behind my blindfold.

He wanted me to keep it on. I knew that. That was the whole point- for him to stretch my limits and make me concur for myself what I thought impossible. Quickly, I make a choice and turn left, hands the only thing guiding me through clusters of people and brushes of naked skin. 

Hide. Where do I hide?

I remember the feeling as I got up off of him. He was stiff, but had a dark edge priming his tense figure. I could only imagine the look in his eyes as much as I could feel them on me as I dragged myself out of that room. The green turn ashy. Watch the innuendo behind them deepen as he whispered the one-word command into my ear. 

My body thrummed in response of what he was gonna do once he found me. If he found me. He'd pin me down. Tie me up, like I said. Then rip my clothes off and fuck me so hard I'd have trouble remembering why I even existed when a man like him could rock me off my world within the span of two minutes. 

My legs shook and a crazy, borderline psychotic part of me urged me to stand up straight and wait for him to see me. Would he do that? Fuck me bare in this room full of people? I whip my head side to side and drive the idea out of my foggy brain. 

You need to get it together before someone with the gift of mind-reading decides to test their tricks on you.

I continue my pacing, past the groups of people until my body turns left and meets an opening to another hall, just next to the wall I had my hand laid flat against to guide me. 

Down the hall I walked, speeding up at the feeling of warmth skating my back. Was he close? I sped up, pausing at a ledge towards the end. Stairs. Going up this time.

I followed them, finding my way up until the creaky floorboards under my heels led to a hotel-feeling area with only a wall on either side of my head. I felt my way across one side, feeling dips where the wall gave up to a door, and then another gap of wall led to another. More doors. I twisted the metal knob of one, feeling the metal stay unbudging in its place. Locked. 

Heavy footsteps drew my head back, and with the deep, hard way they hit the floor I knew it was him. Oh no. I sped up, trembling hands pushing and opening doors with no luck. Please, just open. I could feel the air getting colder the deeper I went, and could only think the end of it was near.