Chapter 31

my babys back

Mikhail's POV

"Wrong. Left arm, kickback. Then shoot."

Before he pulled the trigger, I yanked his elbow back. 

"Keep your elbow rooted here." I gripped his arm hard enough to give another warning. "You don't, and that bullet hits everything but your enemy."

Black hair and hazel eyes, Ashir was the youngest out of this batch. Sixteen and fresh out of the nest, with a father on his hind knees about to take his last breath. It only made sense for Nasir's child to be trained as the precaution.

Although surely looked the part, too. His head nearly reached my own, dark, tanned skin, and a jaw with the capability to cut through skin. That and, half the girls in the room had been ogling him since his entrance. 

"Hey." I spoke to the ant-like caper of young females on the other side, practicing kicks. "Enough of the eye-fucking. Your fathers sent you here to train." They quickly tore their eyes away and went back to work. 

"I'd hardly call myself a man. Can't even shoot a damn bullet, for god's sake." Ashir glared at the pistol.

A hand under my chin, my eyes caught onto the weapons valet near the back door to the locker room.

"You have the muscle. Just need the right vessel." I tread over to the room, flipped open the two glass doors, and yanked out a machine gun the size of my torso.

I felt his body go stiff. "The hell is that for? War?"

I nodded, then dropped in his arms. Eyes fell on the sniper as we walked back out. Jealousy, admiration, you call it. I could feel his pride grow- like any man's would.

He spun it around, pressing on indents and various switches. "Powerful. Soviet Union?"

I nodded. "SVD."

His eyes widened again. "Holy shit. A Dragunov? Haven't seen one of these in years."

"Good. There's only three that still exist."

"Where's the other two?"

"One's mine. Third one belongs to a fuck-wad."

He held the gun up, fingers around the trigger like he was made for it. "Why'd you let me have it?"

"No one's letting you have it, Rambo. It's called borrowing." Regardless of what it was, I hated when someone stole anything of mine. Pissed me off knowing I let them leave without at least one broken limb. 

He snorted. "Yeah, alright." He angled the sniper, positioned it behind the glass right where it needed to be, and pulled the trigger.

The room went silent as a small tendril of smoke rose out from the dummy's head. The head, which lay deformed due to the gaping hole in the middle of it.

"Who's this?" A body shadowed the blue mat we stood on. Luciano had arrived just a week ago- and been a pain in the ass for most of it. Fresh out from a visit in Moscow- the half Italian and Russian bastard took himself for all the advantages he was worth. Meaning he worked with the Bratva and the Cosa Nostra, all at once.

Ashir turned, eyes flickering between us both. 

Luciano's hand landed in front of him. He shook it cautiously. 

"It's been a while since I spoke to Nasir. How is your father, anyways?"

Ashir shrugged. "Been on his deathbed for a week. I've lost hope at this point."