𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐬 - 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐭

Lights shining, snow falling and the people moving around could be seen as the winter nights approached New York. Charismatic beings were hurrying around stores to get the best offers on some of the best Christmas stuff.

Just like everyone else, there stood a blue July, staring inside a Christmas store where she could see lots of good offers. She sighed and opened her purse which had a few dollars in them.

"Thirty-five dollars and fifty cents," She mumbled to herself with a heartbroken tone. There was no way she could buy anything fair with the money she had, especially since she had to get bread and eggs on the way home.

With the gloomy wind, she turned on her heels and left the store. She went to the grocery shop and bought the eggs and bread which cost more than she imagined, after all, nothing is cheap these days.

Going towards her small one-story house, she unlocked the door with her keys and entered inside. Placing the groceries on the counter of the kitchen, she heard the hurdling of small feet making her smile immediately.

"Momma!" Her daughter, Lindsey, came running and gave her mother a hug.

"Hey, baby! How are you?" She greeted her daughter as the 5-year-old pulled away from the hug and moved her blonde hair towards the back.

"I'm good. Momma today I got 3 stars from my teacher!" She showed her mother a paper where there was some grading done along with 3 golden stars making July gasp dramatically.

"Wow, that is really good! I'm so proud of my baby!" She hugged Lindsey again as they both talked about their day. July forgot about the Christmas thing meanwhile she just relished the feeling of being with her family.

Lindsey left the kitchen to go play with her toys while the wistful soul started to cook some food for the family.

While cooking some rice and vegetable soup, her phone rang as she looked at the caller ID indicating it was her favorite person.

"Hey, sweetheart!" Her husband Christopher, welcomed his wife.

"Hey, love. I'm missing you. When are you coming home?"

"Oh honey, I miss you too. I'll be home in fifteen to twenty minutes. Oh, I called to tell you that I've got a surprise for you and Lindsey."

"Really? Love, you didn't have to."

"No, it's okay. Alright, I gotta go. I'll see you soon. Love you."

"Okay, I love you too."

As she hung up, a smile was plastered on her face and the little gloominess she felt was gone.

Christopher seemed quite excited so she didn't ask him any questions or tell him that he shouldn't have bought something that he did.

July and Christopher married when she got to know they were pregnant with Lindsey. As an orphan, July had no one special to share the news with but only Chris. On the other hand, Chris had a sister who disliked July as she was an orphan. Chris cut off contact with her after he got married because he didn't want their child to grow up with such a toxic person.

While July was pouring the steaming soup into a bowl, the jiggling of keys moved her attention toward the door.

"Hey, hun." Chris came towards July who cleaned her hands and both of them hugged. He breathed in her beautiful scent while he felt happy to be home.

"Hey. How are you?" July pulled away from the hug as they both shared a sweet kiss.

"I am good hun, especially after seeing you," He exclaimed happily as she giggled and pecked his cheek in return.