One

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

My biological mother, Ellis Grey was one of the greatest surgeons alive and ever since I was little I wanted to help people just like her. My adoptive mother and biological older sister, Meredith Grey was the one who raised me from the day I was born and legally adopted me when I was thirteen. With an IQ of 220, graduating high school at eight, university at twelve and medical at eighteen I never really had friends my own age. Mommy and I both entered Seattle Grace Hospital in time to see Dr. Richard Webber talking to the other interns.

"Each of you comes today hopeful, wanting in on the game. A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition. Eight of you will switch to an easier specialty. Five of you will crack under the pressure. Two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line. This is your arena. How well you play, that's up to you." Dr. Webber says before the two of us walked to the locker room where the other interns are. I have a sensitivity to certain fabrics and detergents because of my sensory processing disorder so I was allowed to wear my own scrubs. Mommy hands me my stethoscope and lab coat that I immediately put on.

"Okay. Martin, Robinson, Bond, Lockins." A resident calls out and the following people headed towards the person.

"Only seven women out of twenty-one." Mommy says.

"Yeah. I hear one of them's a model. Seriously, that's going to help with the respect thing." A woman says, causing both Mommy and I to look at her.

"You're Cristina, right?" Mommy asks when more interns were being called.

"Which resident you assigned to? I got Bailey." Cristina says.

"Nazi? Us too. I'm Meredith and this is my sister/adoptive daughter Clarissa. It's a long story about that part." Mommy says.

"Cristina Yang." Cristina says.

"You got the Nazi? So did I. At least we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George ... O'Malley. Uh...we met at the...ah mixer...you had a lavender dress with those lavender ballet flats and....now you think I'm gay." George says, referring to my dress at the mixer. Mommy and Cristina both look at him.

"No I'm not gay. It's uh...ah...it's just that ah...you know...I mean you were very unforgettable...and I mean...." George says while I fiddle with my glasses.

"O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Grey, Stevens." A doctor says when we walk over to him.

"Bailey?" Cristina asks the doctor who points to the shorter woman at the end of the hall.

"That's the Nazi?" Cristina asks as we started walking down the hallway. 

"I thought the Nazi would be a guy." George says.