Twelve

Meredith's POV

Meredith's POV

"Is it true you get to scrub in on that tumour?" Alex asks us as he and Clarissa both sit down next to us. Clarissa's shirt was raised slightly but I could see that she purposely cut her stomach based on the precision of the cut.

"You get to scrub in? How psyched are you?" Izzie asks when Clarissa flinched at her sitting here.

"What happened to your stomach?" I signed to Clarissa.

"I went to an on-call room to dance it out. Izzie came in the room and called me a retarded freak who dances like a retarded spazz. That I should do everyone a favour and kill myself." Clarissa signs before eating her food and the rage I already felt for Izzie became even stronger.

"Get out of here Dr. Botox Barbie! Nobody wants you here!" Izzie glares at me before walking away from us.

"Do I want to know?" Alex asks me.

"Trust me when I tell you that you don't because then you'll want to kill Dr. Botox Barbie. And we know that Clarissa would be devastated if you go to prison." Clarissa nods in agreement before getting up and walks away from us.

"Excuse me for a moment." Getting up, I run back into the hospital and decided to call Amelia.

"Amelia Shepherd speaking." Amelia answers.

"Can you come to the hospital and take Clarissa out after her surgery? Actually can you come watch the surgery? She needs something good to happen today. I'll explain more when you come."

"I'll hold you to that Meredith." Amelia says before hanging up and I sighed.

                                           ******************************

Clarissa's POV

"Did you page me Dr. Crowe?"

"Mr. Levangie, have you given any more thought about the other surgical options we discussed this morning?" Virginia asks Edward.

"What? Why would I? I already told you no. I'm letting you cut into my back, but that's not enough for you. All you guys ever want to do is cut." Edward tells us.

"Actually sir, I do not want to force you to do anything that you do not want to do. But your daughter is getting married soon and it is her dream that you walk her down the aisle. My birth mother has Alzheimer's and every day she forgets a little bit about me. My adoptive mother is my biological older sister and she has to take care of her estate. But I fear that we also will get it. That we will forget about our loved ones, forcing them to feel the pain that we are currently experiencing. All your daughter is asking you to do is have try because I know that if there was a cure for Alzheimer's that my birth mother would try."

"Okay. I'll do it." Edward says, causing my eyes to widen in shock.

"Really?"

"Yes really." Edward says when Virginia goes out to book an OR room. Mary hugs me, causing me to stumble a bit.

"Thank you! Thank you!" Mary says, causing her father to laugh.

"Mary, let the poor girl go. She's got to operate on me." Edward says and Mary releases me when Virginia enters the room with Olivia.

"Nurse Jankovic will be prepping you for surgery. Dr. Grey and I will see you down there." Virginia says before the two of us leave and headed to the elevator. Virginia and I entered the elevator before I pressed the button for the OR floor.

"Are you nervous?" Virginia asks me when we exit the elevator and go to three scrub room to prepare for surgery.

"Yes."

"It's okay to be nervous. Because you're not going to be the only one there." Virginia says before we entered the operating room where Edward was waiting for us. Virginia and I get into our position while a scrub nurse hands Virginia a neuro sponge.

"How are you doing, Mr. Levangie?" Virginia asks Edward.

"All right." Edward says.

"Drill bit's charged." The scrub nurse tells Virginia.

"Where's Clarissa?" Edward asks and I decide to go in front of him so that he can see me.

"I am right here. Can you not see me?"

"I'm shaky. I'm not blind. Anything goes wrong here, I'm blaming you." Edward tells me.

"Ok in that case, I will stay where you can see me. Now we just have to drill a hole and try to find the spot that controls the motor function."

"You can't see my brain from there. Aren't you supposed to be learning something?" Edward asks me and I put my hand on his knee.

"I am good right here."

"EEG waves look good." The scrub nurse tells Virginia.

"Okay, Mr. Levangie. Just take a couple deep breaths. Focus on Clarissa. Ok, this is going to sound really scary, but try and relax. You shouldn't feel a thing." Virginia says before drilling into his head, startling me for a moment.

"Now I want you to try and mimic my hand movements so that Dr. Crowe could find the spot that controls motor function." I slowly move my hands side to side and Edward tries to mimic me, but is failing so far.

"Just keep trying, Mr. Levangie. Mimic my motions. You can do it."

"Oh, damn it!" Edward says when he fails again.

"The probe is almost in. You will know it when we find the right spot." Edward stops shaking and is able to mimic me.

"There it is." Virginia says.

"I'll be a son of a bitch." Edward says, causing me to giggle.

                                                 ******************************
Amelia's POV

"Meredith told me what happened. I'm going to kick that bitch's ass!" Clarissa and I were at the docks, watching the ferry boats sail by. It was a perfect night with stars shining in the sky, but Clarissa was the brightest star of all. Even Izzie Stevens couldn't dim our love for Clarissa despite trying so hard to do so.

"She is right. I do dance like a retarded spaz." Clarissa says with tears in her blue eyes.

"She's wrong! If that's how you express yourself when you need to, then it's not stupid. And you definitely don't look like a spaz. Nothing you could do or say would make you one." I say before wiping the tears away from her eyes.

"She told me to kill myself." Clarissa tells me while the tears continue falling down her face.

"If you did that, we'd all be sad. You're the light in our lives and most importantly my angel. You deserve all the love and happiness in your life. You don't deserve negativity like Derek and Isobel." Clarissa presses her lips against mine and kisses me before pulling away.

"Sorry, I am not good at this. But you make me so happy especially when you call me angel. Only you can call me that my treasure." Clarissa tells me with a blush on her cheeks.

"And only you can call me that. Don't worry about the kissing because I'll teach you how to do it better. May I kiss you?" Clarissa nods and I kiss her back.