Fifteen

Addison's POV

Addison's POV

You know how when you were a kid and you believed in fairy tales? That fantasy of what your life would be. White dress, Prince Charming, Who'd carry you away to a castle on a hill. You'd lie in bed at night and close your eyes, and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close, you could taste them. But eventually, you grow up. Clarissa believes in fairytales and always has hope that everyone gets a happily ever after. Clarissa has an appointment with Sarah this morning so I'm going bring her to work afterwards. Both Bailey and Richard know that Clarissa has a psychiatrist appointment and she gets to help out on a cardio surgery today.

"Clarissa, Sarah will be here any minute!"

"Okay Mama." Clarissa replies from inside the bathroom.

"When I'm feeling lonely. Sad as I can be. All by myself on an uncharted island in an endless sea. What makes me happy. Fills me up with glee. Those bones in my jaw. They don't have a flaw. My shiny teeth and me." Clarissa sings when the doorbell rings and I go answer the door to see Sarah standing there. Clarissa loves to create songs about things in her life ever since she was a little girl. Sarah follows me into the living room and I could still hear Clarissa singing in the bathroom.

"My shiny teeth that twinkle. Just like the stars in space. My shiny teeth that sparkle. Adding beauty to my face. My shiny teeth that glisten. Just like a Christmas tree. You know they walk a mile. Just to see me smile. My shiny teeth and me." Clarissa sings while entering the living room and sits down on the couch beside me. She was playing with the angel bracelet that Amelia got her.

"Sorry. I was getting ready for work." Clarissa explained to Sarah, who smiles at my daughter.

"So I hear that you have a girlfriend." Sarah tells Clarissa, who smiles at the mention of Amelia.

"Yup. Amelia makes my heart and tummy feel warm like hot cocoa. She does not try to make me do anything that I am not comfortable doing. Sarah, I pushed Izzie against the lockers at work and I am scared that I am becoming a bad person." Clarissa tells Sarah.

"Meredith told me what happened. So did my sister and you're not becoming a bad person. The fact that you're worried about that proves to me that you're a good person. What I was told was that Izzie was bullying you nonstop all week and you just snapped." Sarah tells Clarissa.

"Izzie called me Ellis' bastard daughter. That is why I pushed her." Clarissa confesses to us.

"Ellis loves you. She just wasn't ready to be a mother. With Meredith, she had help from Thatcher before they got divorced. Meredith told me that on the day you were born, Ellis said that you were special and going to be extraordinary one day."

"Is it okay if we end the session for today?" Clarissa asks us and Sarah nods in agreement.

                                      *******************************