Twenty-One

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

Mommy slams the car door as George, Cristina and I get out of the car. The three of us slowly follow her when Derek grabs my wrists and begins squeezing them tight.

"You are hurting me Derek."

"You told the nurses that I couldn't go into Dr. Webber's room!" Derek shouts and Mommy walks over to us.

"Let her go right now Derek!" Mommy says when Mama and Amelia run over to us. Amelia growls at Derek before punching him in the face. Derek's forced to let my wrists go and I noticed bruises were beginning to form.

"I'm reporting you to Burke!" Derek shouts at Amelia, who hugs me close to her.

"I'm reporting your ass to Burke and Richard! Your behaviour towards Clarissa is harmful." Mama says before all of us entered the hospital, leaving Derek behind. We see Dr. Burke waiting for an elevator with Virginia when Derek walks over to them. Mama walks over to them and begins to explain everything to Dr. Burke.

"Of course he won't get away with this. Clarissa, you're going to be caring for the Chief and can just head there. I'll explain everything to Dr. Bailey." Dr. Burke tells us.

"Yes sir. Is it okay if Amelia walks me there?"

"Yes it is alright with us. Get breakfast first you two and be there by seven." Virginia tells Amelia and I.

"Ah, we have an organ donor coming in this afternoon from Wilkeson General. We're doing a harvest. In OR one at four." Dr. Burke says and I couldn't help but gasp, feeling excited at the prospect of watching that. Dr. Burke sees my face and gives me a smile.

"You can watch in the gallery." Dr. Burke says, still smiling.

"I'm in OR one at four. You can't bump me!" Derek yells at Dr. Burke.

"Your surgery is non-critical and you'll be first up tomorrow. As Chief I can bump you." Dr. Burke tells Derek.

"Nobody ever said no to him before, have they?"

"My dad did before he died. He would have loved you Clarissa." Amelia replies before kissing my head.

"Interim chief. Bump Dr. Crowe!" Derek shouts at him.

"Actually Dr. Shepherd I offered to move my surgery to tomorrow, but Burke said that your OR's the one needed. I only did it because I knew that you'd be a petulant child about it." Virginia says when the elevator opens and we all entered inside.

"Why don't they do the harvest at Wilkeson?" Mommy asks Dr. Burke.

"Small facility in the boonies. A duck in a box. We have the location, the airport nearby and the staff." Dr. Burke explains to Mommy.

"Clarissa, they're really bad. Why don't you go to the orthopaedic surgery floor first? Amelia will go with you." Virginia tells me, indicating to my bruises that looks really bad.

"Thank you for letting Amelia come with me Virginia."

"You're welcome love." Virginia says with a smile on her face.

                                              **************************

Amelia's POV

"I'm Dr. Calliope Torres but you can both call me Callie. You must be Dr. Clarissa Grey-Montgomery and Dr. Amelia Shepherd." Callie tells us while looking back at Clarissa's x-rays.

"That is us." Clarissa says with that adorable smile on her face.

"Well the good news is that your wrists aren't broken." Callie tells us and I sighed in relief.

"That's great news."

"I do want you to wear this splints for at least a weak. You have sprained your wrists. What happened exactly?" Callie asks us.

"My jackass of a biological brother hurt Clarissa's wrists because she was following Dr. Webber's orders."

"Derek Shepherd is her brother." Clarissa clarifies while Callie puts lavender splints on her wrists.

"I'll inform Dr. Bailey that your wrists are sprained. You can still do scut work and suture patients, but can't operate for at least a week." Callie tells Clarissa with a smile on her face.

"Yes ma'am." Clarissa says, causing Callie to chuckle.

"You don't have to call me ma'am. Just call me Callie." Callie tells Clarissa before the two of us leave her office and headed to the elevator.

"What do you want to eat for breakfast, angel?" I asked Clarissa as the two of us entered the elevator and I pressed the button to the main floor.

"Those carrot muffins that Caroline makes in the cafeteria. She always saves me a couple." Clarissa says, referring to Caroline Mills one of the people that works in the hospital cafeteria.

"Of course angel. Anything that you want." Clarissa smiles before kissing me and I kissed her back.

                                           **********************

Meredith's POV

"We've got one more for you." A doctor tells says while pointing at the ER where a man sat on one of the gurneys. Dr. Bailey enters the room while I closed my eyes for a minute, hoping that Clarissa's okay.

"Grey, you're down here. I've got a bowel obstruction for you." Dr. Bailey tells me.

"Fun."

"Well, at least your patient is still alive." George tells me before I follow Dr. Bailey and look at the patient chart to see that the man's name is Ronald Hubble.

"I'm Dr. Meredith Grey and I'll be taking care of you. We're going to get an x-ray of your abdomen and we're going to see what's causing all of this." Ronald gets in the wheelchair and I pushed him to the elevator.

"You know, Mr. Hubble, you might make things easier on yourself if you just tell us what you've ingested. We'll know anyway, once we see your films."

"You have the most beautiful features. They're delicate. Almost porcelain." Ronald tells me, causing me to look down at him. This is creepy on all levels and I'm glad that Clarissa's not his doctor.

"Mr. Hubble, whatever you've ingested could kill you. Are you sure you don't want to tell me what's got you blocked up inside?"

"It ah might offend you." Ronald says as I wheel him into the elevator and press the button for the floor that I need.

"Is it drugs?"

"It's not drugs. I promise. It's not drugs." Ronald replies, amending his statement by adding the second part.

"Okay. Well, Good. I'm glad it's not drugs."