Nine

*Dr

*Dr. Sarah Crowe(Clarissa's psychiatrist and Virginia's sister. Also Arizona's love interest and the mother of Timothy and Mary)*

Meredith's POV

"The lawyer has been managing the estate with a limited power of attorney, but your mother's Alzheimer's is advancing so while she's still lucid enough to consent, she needs to sign everything over to you." Winona Night, mom's main caretaker says to me on the phone.

"Me? Look, Clarissa and I haven't slept in forty-eight hours. I'm getting my first shot at heart surgery this morning. I'm missing rounds to take Clarissa to her appointment with her psychiatrist. Are you sure there isn't anybody here, or the attorney? I mean, do we really have to be the one to handle this?"

"We're talking about her estate, her finances, her medical care. Since you're the oldest it falls on you and legally Clarissa isn't your mother's daughter so she doesn't have to be there. You really want to leave her life in someone else's hands? She's your mother." Winona says on the phone and I couldn't help but sigh.

"My girlfriend will be there as well to help with some of the legal stuff." Clarissa enters my room all ready for the day and hands me my coffee before I hang up the phone.

"Is everything okay with Ellis?" Clarissa asks with a look of concern on her face.

"I have to settle her estate today. Will you be okay by yourself? Addison's coming with me because she understands the legal stuff. Izzie is inviting her boyfriend over so Cristina and George will be here too."

"Okay. Can I invite Alex over one day? He is my best friend along with George and Cristina." Clarissa asks me.

"Of course you can. When are you and Amelia going out?"

"Next week. You will do well in your surgery today Mommy. I believe in you. " Clarissa tells me with a smile on her face.

"Thank you little one. And I believe in you my sweet little one." I tell Clarissa with a smile on my face before bopping her nose, causing her to giggle.

                                            *************************

Clarissa's POV

"Clarissa, my darling little sister told me about your flashback. I know that you were diagnosed with ptsd when you were younger and that you had an unusual childhood, that you had to grow up much earlier than others your age. Meredith, you did a great job at raising Clarissa but with the flashbacks and the underlying trauma I want to try something with you two." Dr. Sarah Crowe tells us.

"Addie too?"

"Of course Addie will do it sweetheart." Mommy says with a smile before hugging me close to her chest.

"I want you to try age regression Clarissa. Age regression occurs when someone reverts to a younger state of mind. It can be done involuntarily or voluntarily but this helps a person relieve stress or deal with trauma. Based on what I'm seeing right now and the information that Virginia has told me, you already do that involuntarily. It's nothing to worry about, Meredith just treat Clarissa like you would a baby. Breastfeeding and skin-to-skin contact will help you strengthen your bond. Clarissa, this will be done at your pace." Sarah tells us.