Thirty-Two

Lexie Grey's POV

Lexie Grey's POV

"Lexie, who's this?" Dad asks me, referring to Clarissa who's holding my arm. Meredith gave me permission to introduce Clarissa to my parents and Molly if she wanted to. Clarissa wanted to meet the rest of the family, especially because she wants to invite them over for Thanksgiving. Meredith gave her permission to do so because Clarissa wanted her to have a relationship with dad.

"This is Clarissa Grey-Montgomery, Meredith's biological sister/adoptive daughter. Clarissa, this is my dad Thatcher Grey."

"It is nice to meet you Mr. Grey." Clarissa says before playing with her sweater.

"It's lovely to meet you too Clarissa. You look just like Ellis did when she was younger." Dad tells Clarissa before the three of us entered the living room where mom and Molly were sitting on the couch. Clarissa and I sat down on the love seat while dad explains to them who Clarissa was.

"It's lovely to meet you Clarissa. I'm Susan and that's Molly. Her husband, Eric Thompson is fighting for our country but should be here by Thanksgiving." Mom explained to Clarissa.

"It is lovely to meet you too. I am here to invite you guys to my house for Thanksgiving. Mommy says you are welcome to come because she wants to try and rebuild her relationship with Mr. Grey." Clarissa explains to mom.

"Of course we'll come. What time should we be there?" Mom asks Clarissa.

"After three because I am going to meet my girlfriend's family for an early lunch." Clarissa tells my mother with a warm smile on her face.

"We're there. Is there anything that we should bring for Thanksgiving?" Mom asks Clarissa with a warm smile on her face.

"Maybe dessert since Mama is covering the turkey and her father is covering the sides. But you really do not have to bring anything if you do not want to." Clarissa explains making sure mom knows that it wasn't necessary. Molly had her arms crossed and a bored look on her face.

"Where is the bathroom?" Clarissa asks us.

"Right down the hall and the first door on your left." Dad explains to Clarissa before she heads out of the room.

"So the retarded dyke invited us?" Molly says and I clench my fingers into fists.

"Don't call her that! She's an surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital and is only twenty years old! Her IQ's 220 and she's treated me like a sister when she doesn't have to. The only reason Meredith agreed to invite us is because Clarissa wants her to have a relationship with dad!"

"I hope she didn't hear you Molly because that girl has been nothing but polite ever since she came into our home." Dad tells Molly when Clarissa returns to the living room and takes her seat beside me.

"Are you thirsty Clarissa? I can make you some tea, coffee, or hot chocolate. We also have soda, juice and water." Mom tells Clarissa with a warm smile on her face.

"Tea would be lovely Mrs. Grey." Clarissa tells mom with a smile of her own.

"Call us Susan and Thatcher dear. We're family after all." Mom tells Clarissa, who nods before following mom into the kitchen.

"I'm not defending you if she heard and tells Meredith." I warn Molly before going into the kitchen where I see Clarissa washing the dishes.

"You don't have to do that dear. You're our guest." Mom tells Clarissa, who gives her a smile.

"I know how busy you are with helping Molly with her pregnancy. I can put a good word for her with my Mama, Dr. Addison Forbes Montgomery. She is a neonatal surgeon and OB/GYN if you need someone to examine her." Clarissa tells mom before handing mom a few cups.

"That would be wonderful if you could do that. Our current doctor doesn't know her head from her ass. That's why Lexie's been coming down here more often so she can explain to us whether the doctor just said." Mom tells Clarissa with a smile on her face.

"It really is no problem. I will let her know tonight and tell Lexie what she says." Clarissa says before giving me a smile when she sees me and I give her a smile back.

***********************

Meredith's POV

"Mommy, can I ask you a question?" Clarissa asks me while the two of us are walking Doc down the street.

"Of course you can."

"What is a dyke?" Clarissa asks me, causing my body to stiffen up.

"Where did you hear that word from?"

"You will be mad if I tell you." Clarissa tells me.

"Not at you little one."

"I know not at me. I heard Molly call me a retarded dyke when I went to the bathroom at Lexie's house. Lexie, Thatcher and Susan all defended me when she said that. Lexie even said that she will not defend Molly against you if I told you. But what does that word mean?" Clarissa asks me.

"It's an offensive word for women that love other women."

"Oh. Well I told Susan that I would talk to Mama and ask her to help Molly. Susan said that their doctor was not competent and it caused Lexie to come back home every month to help them. Are you mad at me for telling her that?" Clarissa asks me.

"I can't ever be mad at you Clarissa. You have the purest heart in the world and that's one of the things that I love about you." Clarissa smiles before kissing my cheek.