Nineteen

Clarissa's POV

Clarissa's POV

"Hi Joe. This is my girlfriend Dr. Amelia Shepherd. Amelia, this is Joe Stevens the owner of Emerald City Bar. How is Walter doing?" Walter Yang is Joe's boyfriend of a few years and a co-owner of the bar.

"He's excellent kid. I'll tell him that you said hello." Joe says before I ordered two Cokes for Amelia and I, remembering that she doesn't drink anymore.

"It's nice to meet you Joe." Amelia says when Joe hands us our drinks.

"You too Amelia." Joe says when George and Dylan entered the bar before walking over to us.

"The hospital's talking about the ass whooping you gave Izzie." George tells Amelia before Dylan orders them a couple of beers.

"Why did you hit Izzie?"

"Because she made you feel bad about yourself and nobody's allowed to do that to you." Amelia tells me before hugging me close to her chest.

"I appreciate you defending me Amelia." Joe groans in pain while holding his head, causing Amelia and I to look over at him.

"Joe?" George asks when Joe collapses and I call an ambulance. Joe tries to get back up but Dylan and Amelia have him lie back down.

"The ambulance is coming Joe. You are going to be okay."

'You called the gurney patrol?" Joe asks us, trying to get up.

"Sit back and relax. We have to take you to the hospital to run some tests." Amelia tells him while I checked on him.

"Radial pulse is strong. Minor skull contusions." Joe gets up and storms out of the bar with the four of us running after him.

"Forget this. The hospital is right across the street. I can sure as hell walk across the street by myself." Joe tells us as he walks across the street and we go after him. We entered the hospital and Amelia signs him in while George pages Virginia. Mommy and Cristina were standing by the nurses' station when I walked over to them.

"Is Joe okay?" Cristina asks me.

"He collapsed at the bar so we brought him here."

"All right. Details. You're pregnant? What are you going to do?" Mommy asks Cristina, causing my eyes to widen at Cristina.