Chapter 14

1959

Hogwarts

At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, there were two people in the Headmaster's office, Albus Dumbledore the current Headmaster, and Irina Lawler the Divination teacher.

The two were having a little argument. The argument had started because Irina Lawler had tendered her resignation, while the Headmaster was using subtle words to change her mind.

Suddenly and without warning, Professor Lawler stood still, her back went straight, her gaze clouded over, and with a frozen face she began to speak.

- The one who has the power to bring the magical world back to its former glory is coming... -

.

If any pureblood had heard what Irene had just said they would surely be happy, but Albus Dumbledore was not happy at all, he had just heard the prophecy that would end everything he had fought for, all his plans would be ruined by a person who had not yet been born.

He quickly dismissed the professor, and when the professor was far enough away, he let out his magic suddenly causing several things on his desk to fall, little by little the whispers of the paintings were increasing until they were no longer simple whispers.

- "SILENCE!"

Again a loud burst of magic caused several books to fall as well as silencing the paintings, the paintings only watched as he began to walk back and forth muttering indecipherable words.

Albus knew that this changed his plans, or most of them, but one thing he knew for sure was that Tom and the boy from the prophecy should not be together, if that happened his destruction was assured, and he would not allow it if he could help it.

.

Severus didn't understand how the woman who claimed to love him could let his father beat him, of course he knew she loved the man, but a love that started with sweet words, loving looks, and tender caresses, from one second to the next the love was gone, now there were only words full of venom, looks of disgust and blow after blow. Severus knew he would rather his father hit him than his mother.

His mother Eileen Prince said his father was a kind, gentle, polite man, but with a temper. He knew his mother was just trying to excuse his father's treatment of them, his mother was too blind to her husband's true actions. And until two hours ago he thought the same as his mother, but seeing the behavior of the Evans family he realized he was wrong.

They were kind and polite, the family numbered only four, Mr. and Mrs. Evans and their two daughters. Mr. Damian Evans was a proud and slightly arrogant man, but gentle, he loved his family more than anything, he adores his two daughters and loves his wife madly. The matriarch Leysa Evans is a kind, polite woman with a loving gaze towards her family and undoubtedly terrifying. The first daughter of the Evans couple, Petunia is the perfect combination of her parents, she is kind, gentle, and of course also proud and arrogant, no doubt she adores her family, but her favorite has always been Lily. Lily Evans the youngest and her self-proclaimed best friend was always kind, gentle, and polite and what can't be denied is that she inherited the character of Mrs. Evans.

At first, I had only approached Lily because I didn't want to be alone, but now when I saw everyone hugging me and telling me that I was part of their family with a smile on their faces, tears were slowly falling down their faces, Mrs. Evans put her hand on my cheeks and wiped my tears away.

- "Remember Severus, you are now part of the family."

All I could do was nod my head in agreement with what Mrs. Evans said. And so Christmas Eve passed amidst laughter, jokes, presents, and a new member of the family.

.

Peter was happy for the first time in a long time. It was the first time he had friends, real friends, they didn't push him away, they approached him to talk and make some jokes that for the first time were not directed at him.

He hoped that their friendship was true, he liked them, and they seemed to like him too.

- "PETER." - His mother's voice was heard from the living room.

Peter got up and walked into the living room, where his mother stood by the Christmas tree.

- "Peter, dear, you haven't opened your presents yet."

- "Presents?" - Peter looked under the tree, there were several presents with different wrappings.

He quickly walked over to the tree and knelt, looked at all the presents, reached out his hand, and grabbed one that had a red wrapper, inside was candy, chocolates, and a letter that he quickly opened and read.

The second one he opened had a book and some sweets.

The third one had more sweets.

The fourth had a picture of James, Sirius, Remus and him laughing happily. When he turned the picture over, there was something written on it.

They looked very happy that day, so I decided to take a picture of you, I hope you like it.

L. E.

Peter's mother came up behind him and saw the photo in Peter's hands. - "Who are they?"

- "My friends," - He said as he looked at the photo with a big smile.