Chapter 19

There are times when I act without thinking and usually my life may be at risk in those moments, it only happens for a day or two, but oh, by the who-must-not-be-named, eleven years a bloody eleven years, he was acting without thinking properly who knows if it was by dying, by magic or by meeting people who shouldn't exist.

The moment I accepted the Hogwarts letter I could have followed the same path to death as the real Lily Evans and I don't want to die if I can help it.

- "... ans."

I looked up from the parchment, which had left me pondering my decisions so far, to the goblin sitting in a chair behind a desk.

- "Yes?" - I looked at the goblin, a little puzzled by what I had read a few seconds ago.

- "I was asking you if you would like access to the rings of your house."

When I decided to go into Gringotts and take an inheritance test for fun I didn't expect to actually be an heir to something, it was stupid of me to think that, but then again I was so blinded by being here that I haven't been thinking clearly, with all this new information I would surely change some point of the stupid plan I made when I arrived, and I'm pretty sure I should change it now. Maybe Bloody Potter Luck is actually Bloody Evans Luck, either way, little Harry Potter is doomed.

I looked down at the parchment in my hands.

Blood Test.

No doubt this would change things one way or another.

.

When I left Gringotts I headed to the bookshop where I met Severus, he was reading a potions book, probably from second year, and a few meters ahead at the counter was my mother. As I approached Severus, he lowered the book he was reading turned his onyx eyes to me and scanned me up and down, and then nodded slightly.

- "I assume you have all the books?"

- "Yes, where do you want to go now," - He asked as he nodded at what I had told him.

- "Tunic shop," - I said as I smiled at my mother, who approached me with the books in her arms.

The rest of the afternoon was calm and quiet, Severus occasionally glanced at me and then shook his head, most likely trying to figure out why I had been thinking since I left Gringotts, it must be strange for him that the girl who talked and told him everything since they met suddenly didn't talk, and to tell the truth, who tells everything to someone they barely know?

'Me and my stupid reasoning was that I wanted to be friends with them.'

.

When we finished shopping for the new year at Hogwarts we headed home, the whole way I didn't say a word to Severus, and how could I if the test I did at Gringotts was true, trying to save his mother would be a waste of time, I adore Severus, he is my first friend in this world and seeing him suffer because of his mother's death is something I don't want, I like him enough to not want him to suffer.

Severus said goodbye to us and left. When I got home, I grabbed the things I had bought and went upstairs to my room, where I started to put away the things for Hogwarts. When I finished, I lay down on my bed with the Gringotts scroll.

I knew the scroll was real, but it was disconcerting all the same, a lifetime as Aurora trying to find out who I was, only to die and be 'born' again in a world as Lily Evans.

Yes... This is unnerving.