Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty - Greed.

As I entered an empty compartment I put my suitcase and sat down, I looked out the window as the families said their goodbyes.

It was nice and sad at the same time, when I was Aurora I always wanted to have a family that was there for me, loving parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and brothers. For an orphan girl longing for love, a family was something to be envied, and it was painful to see all the happy families, the parents being loving to their children, when you have no one to give you maternal or paternal love, it is easy to become greedy. As a child who got nothing in terms of affection, and was surrounded by misery, being greedy was inevitable, anger and greed were engraved in her heart, but when she became Lily Evans and got what she longed for, oh she was so happy she had got what she wanted so much, so she left her past behind, she tried to forget what was harbored in her heart and soul.

But she couldn't, she coveted her beloved family, she coveted her Hogwarts friends, her Severus, even magic. She was greedy, and she knew it, she wanted more than she had now and more than she didn't have before.

She might not have the look, or the name of her old life anymore, but she was still the same person and no matter how much she tried to forget it, how much she pretended to be different, she knew it wasn't something she could take away just because she was someone else.

With a sigh, she closed her eyes and leaned back in her seat.

The way she had been acting since she arrived, reminded her of the little black-haired, golden-eyed three-year-old girl, at that moment she was so innocent to everything and everyone, she was a girl who was fascinated by the world around her, ready to help others.

I could remember how she ran barefoot through the corridors of the orphanage, the cold floor, the wind moving her short hair, the pastel pink dress moving with every step she took.

As I opened the door and walked out into the courtyard, I could see the other children playing with a ball, others sitting talking to each other or just sleeping under some shade. The kids talked to each other as they saw me waving in my direction, I smiled and made my way to them.

Amanda, Ian, Mia, Lucas, and Max. They were between ten and twelve years old.

- "Aurora, we have found the perfect nickname for you," - Amanda said as the others laughed.

- "Nickname?" - I asked Amanda, not knowing what it meant.

- "Yes, a nickname is a nice way to call you," - Answered Mia.

- "Good," - I said as I smiled at her.

A smile of amusement spread across the boys' faces.

- "Listen well, your nickname from now on will be freak."

A giggle escaped Amanda's lips.

- "Don't forget, that's what you are."

.

The little three-year-old girl was standing in the middle of the huge courtyard, her clothes were soaked by the rain, her hair was wet and some strands were sticking to her pale face, her little body was shaking like a little leaf.

Five boys stood inside the building watching the girl in the rain.

A trace of concern flashed through Max's eyes as she saw how pale the girl looked, but a comment from Lucas quickly made her laugh, forgetting the worry she had felt.

A brown-haired woman saw the boys standing in front of the window and looking out.

With quiet steps, she walked towards the boys and curiously looked out the window, where the rain was getting heavier and heavier.

She gasped when she saw the girl in the rain, quickly ran out in the direction of the girl, the rain fell on her, but without stopping she approached the girl, in one agile movement she carried her and carefully entered the building.

She quickly covered the child with several towels, took her to the bathroom, and put her in a bathtub with warm water, then took her out, put warm clothes on her, and went downstairs to the kitchen where she prepared some hot chocolate for her.

Once she had checked that the girl was OK, she went to where the five boys were.

- "Does anyone want to tell me why Aurora was in the rain?"

The five of them glanced at each other before Amanda spoke.

- "Miss Katlyn, when we arrived, she was already outside."

- "Oh, so you're saying you saw her in the rain and didn't think to call anyone."

- "She just got a little wet, no big deal."

At Lucas's words, Katlyn frowned and shook her head.

- "I want you to write five hundred words of apology to Aurora."

- "Five hundred!?"

- "What?"

- "Miss Katlyn!"

Without another word, Katlyn turned and went into the kitchen.