Chapter 21

Katlyn Reynolds was a woman with a soft heart, she loved children, but that didn't stop her from being heavy-handed.

Katlyn would not say that she was a matchless beauty, but her face was certainly pleasing to the eye and of course, her pleasant temperament also helped, she was considered by many to be a sweet, kind, and considerate woman.

Aurora thought so too.

Katlyn Reynolds arrived at the orphanage in 1997, and thanks to her sweet nature, she won over both the staff and the children.

It's a shame that nothing lasts forever.

.

Aurora had no concept of evil, for her everything that others said was right, after all, she was never hurt.

In her little head, everyone was a friend.

Her caregivers had told her that everyone in the orphanage was family, everyone in that place was in the same situation, and they had no parents.

For Aurora the closest thing to a mother figure was Katlyn, she felt that Katlyn was her mother, in Aurora's memory Katlyn was always there, feeding her, telling her bedtime stories, and stroking her head as she said she was a good girl.

So Aurora knew something was going on, her caregivers seemed to be excited, but it wasn't until after breakfast that she found out what was going on.

After breakfast, we all stood by the front door, only a few minutes later there was a knock on the door, the director of the orphanage quickly walked over and opened it, on the other side stood a tall man with black hair and brown eyes.

The man entered, greeted everyone, and introduced himself as Keileb King.

The first time Aurora spoke to Keileb was three days after she arrived at the orphanage.

It was hot that day, so most of the children were enjoying the shade or playing with water.

Aurora was in the courtyard with a bouquet in her hands when Keileb approached her and made her a beautiful wreath.

In Aurora's first impression, Keileb was a nice and impressive person.

The second time they spoke was in the kitchen, Aurora was a bit thirsty, so she went to the kitchen to get something to drink.

It was at that moment that she met Keileb, Aurora seeing that she couldn't do it alone asked him for help, which Keileb kindly accepted.

Her second impression was that he was helpful and kind.

.

Slowly I opened my eyes, I could feel a weight on my chest, the displeasure and disgust at the memory I had just had was unpleasant.

Hearing a discussion around me, I opened my eyes wide and spoke to them in a cold voice.

- "Silence."

Quickly, whatever noise there was in the compartment ceased, a chorus of apologies was the last thing to be heard.

I could feel a pair of eyes looking at me.

I opened my eyes and looked into the familiar onyx eyes, the exchange of glances lasted a few seconds before he averted his eyes.

That small exchange was enough for both of us to find what we wanted in each other.

My gaze shifted to the window, I could feel a small tear run down my face.