Pirates

"X" Someone yelled. "WE NEED HELP."

X sighed as he walked towards his office door, abandoning his work and the ship swaying dangerously under his feet.

The sun didn't welcome him as he walked out of his office. Instead, he was greeted by a giant squid on the side of the boat.

He looked at Grian who was in the birds' nest of the ship. Fitting.

"GRIAN, WHAT DID YOU DO," He yelled so the parrot hybrid could hear him over the yelling of the other hermits.

"HEY, IT WASN'T ME THIS TIME," He yelled back.

He looked back and Doc already murdered the squid with a random harpoon gun.

He sighed with relief.

"Can we have squid for dinner?" Someone asked from behind him, making him jump in surprise.

He could tell Grian was not trying to suppress a laugh because of the almost psychotic laughter coming from the birds' nest.

He saw that the other hermits were cleaning up from the attack the ship took.

Except for Team ZIT, which meant they were behind him.

He slowly turned to find Zed, Impulse, and Tango staring at him, smiling.

He sighed, knowing that they would somehow find a way to make the giant squid into a dish of some sort.

"Fine," he said.

Their smiles instantly grew.

"Thank you, X," Zed said, smiling in a way that I could tell he was planning something.

I sighed, smiling, and said a quick, "You're welcome," before walking back to my office.

Once I closed the door, I immediately went back to drawing the map we were to use for our trip to some unexplored land. (Or should I say sea?)

I could hear Grian causing chaos outside.

Sighing, I grabbed my diptych dial from my pocket.

The time was about 3 hours 'till lunch.

Well, better get to work.

------3 hour's latter-----

"X, lunch is being served," Doc came into the room, his white coat and combat pants with his cutlass looking heavenly in the bright light of the doorway.

X squinted at the door; the brightness was too bright for his eyes after the 3 hours in the semi-dark.

"If you don't come in the next 10 minutes, we will send someone to drag you out," Doc threatened, and I could tell he was telling the truth.

My eyes were finally adjusting to the bright light when Doc shut the door.

Through the thin floorboards, I could hear the chaos from the dining hall in the lower part of the ship.

I felt my legs wobble as I started to walk to the door.

Eventually, my legs gave up.

I landed flat on my face and was tired enough not to get up.

The noise from the dining hall stopped before a few conversations started up again.

And I think that I heard someone shout "SQUID," before I passed out.