Chapter 1 - Guardians of the Galaxy

"Master, he is a thief, an outlaw who calls himself Star-Lord. But we have discovered he has an agreement to retrieve the Orb for an intermediary known as The Broker." Korath tells Ronan.

"I promised Thanos I would retrieve the Orb for him. Only then will he destroy Xandar for me." He replies as he stands. "Nebula, go to Xandar and get me the Orb."

"It will be my honor." She says.

"It will be your doom." Gamora interrupts. "If this happens again, you'll be facing our father without his prize." 

"I'm a daughter of Thanos. Just like you." Nebula tells her.

"But we know Xandar." Seraphina speaks up, stepping up next to Gamora.

"Ronan has already decreed that I-" She starts to say.

"Do not speak for me." Ronan interrupts. He moves forward to stand in front of Gamora and Seraphina. "You will not fail."

"Have we ever?" Gamora asks. The two leave the room, heading towards the hangar. 

"You've got the buyer lined up?" Seraphina asks her sister as they enter the ship. 

"Don't worry. Our escape from Father will not be stopped." She assures.

***

Seraphina spots Gamora rushing away from the meeting place and spreads her wings. She dives off the roof and flies after her sister, watching as the man throws something at her. It ties around her legs, knocking her to the ground.

Star-Lord dives at her as she frees her leg, kicking him into the air. Seraphina grabs him and slams him into the ground, knocking the wind out of him and pinning him to the ground.

"I didn't want to hurt you, but you've decided to be an idiot." She tells him, raising her sword. Before she can stab him, branches wrap around her wings and body, and a raccoon tackles Gamora. The tree lifts her off Star-Lord as she struggles to free herself, the branches tightening to hold her in place.

 "Put him in the bag. Put him in the bag!" The raccoon yells at the tree as he holds up a bag. He ties more branches around Seraphina and wraps some around Gamora. "No! Not them, him!" He corrects. Gamora screams as the raccoon grabs her face, biting his hand. "Biting? That's not fair!" 

"Ora, he's getting away!" Seraphina warns, breaking free from the branches around her. She flies into the air and chases Star-Lord as Gamora breaks free too. She tosses the raccoon away and throws her knife, making the man drop the Orb, which rolls onto the lower level. Seraphina knocks Star-Lord to the ground before diving onto the lower level with Gamora.

The two sisters run towards the Orb. Gamora grabs it and they take off in the direction of the ship. Star-Lord jumps over the railing, tackling the two to the ground. Seraphina rolls away, knowing her wings would get in the way and Gamora can easily pin him.

"Fool. You should have learned." Gamora tells him as she looks down at the man, pinning him to the ground.

"I don't learn. One of my issues." He replies, grabbing the orb and attaching one of his rockets to her. He activates it, sending her flying.

"Again!" Seraphina shouts angrily as the tree traps her in branches, pinning her tighter and winding more branches around her this time. He shoves the bag over Star-Lord, trapping him inside and tossing it over his shoulder.

"Quit smiling, you idiot. You're supposed to be a professional." The raccoon says. He stops and gasps. "You gotta be kidding me." Gamora shoves him out of the way, attacking the tree with her sword.

Seraphina frees herself from the branches, opening the bag as her sister cuts off the tree's arms. Star-Lord fires twice, shocking the two sisters and knocking them out before running.

***

Seraphina glares at the men on the other side of the glass, uncomfortable with her wings restrained and angry her and Gamora's escape had been interrupted. 

"Seraphina, known as the Angel of Death. Surgically modified and the last known Angel, the rest of her people were slaughtered by her adopted father, the Mad Titan, Thanos." The Nova Corp officer informs the others in the room.

"Angel of Death?" The other man asks, familiar with the name but wanting clarification.

"Yes. Thanos often used her to assassinate his enemies, and she was given the name the Angel of Death because none of her targets were able to escape. Anyone Thanos asked her to kill is dead." He explains.

***

"I guess most of Nova Corps wanna uphold the laws, but these ones here, they're corrupt and cruel." Rocket tells the group. He chuckles. "But, hey, that's not my problem. I ain't gonna be here long. I've escaped 22 prisons. This one's no different. You're lucky the broads showed up, because otherwise, me and Groot would be collecting that bounty right now, and you'd be getting drawn and quartered by Yondu and those Ravagers."

"Did you seriously just refer to us as broads?" Seraphina scoffs, rolling her eyes.

"I've had a lot of folks try to kill me over the years. I ain't about to be brought down by a tree and a talking raccoon." Peter says.

"What's a raccoon?" Rocket asks.

"'What's a raccoon?' It's what you are, stupid." He replies.

"Ain't no thing like me, except me." He says.

"So, this Orb has a real shiny blue suitcase, Ark of the Covenant, Maltese Falcon sort of vibe. What is it?" Peter asks the sisters walking ahead of him.

"I am Groot." Groot replies.

"So what?" He says over his shoulder at him. He turns back to the sisters. "What's the Orb?"

"I have no words for an honorless thief." Gamora tells him.

"Pretty high and mighty coming from the lackey of a genocidal maniac." Rocket replies. The sisters look at him before each other. "Yeah, I know who you two are. Anyone who's anyone knows who you are."

"Yeah, we know who you are." Peter adds. He turns to Groot. "Who are they?"

"I am Groot." He answers.

"Yeah, you said that." He replies.

"We weren't retrieving the Orb for Ronan. We were betraying him. Gamora had a buyer lined up so we could get away." Seraphina tells them.

"I am Groot." He says as the doors in front of them open and they continue forward.

"Well, that's just as fascinating as the first 89 times you told me that. What is wrong with Giving Tree, here?" Peter asks.

"Well, he don't know talking good like me and you. So his vocabulistics is limited to 'I' and 'am' and 'Groot'. Exclusively in that order." Rocket answers.

"I tell you what, that's gonna wear real thin, real fast..." He trails off as they pass a man going through their things. "Hey. Put that away." He tells the man as he puts the headphones connected to his Walkman on.

"Moron." Seraphina says as he slips through the door before it closes.

"Hey! Listen to me, you big blue bastard. Take those headphones off. That's mine. Those belong to impound. That tape and that player is mine!" He tells him. The man rushes forward and jabs him in the stomach with his baton, shocking him. Peter falls to his knees and continues glaring at him. "Hooked on a Feeling, Blue Swede, 1973. That song belongs to me!" The man shocks him again.

"Moron." Seraphina repeats as they watch the man shock Peter again.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! New chapters will be out every Friday :)

Also, I know there are Angels in the comics, but Seraphina is not one of them, her Angels are different lol.