Chapter 16 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Drax kicks the door open and they spot Peter lifted into the air, Ego in front of him. Before anyone can react, Yondu flies through the window and crashes into Ego. The tentacle speared through Peter's chest disappears and he falls to the ground.

"Out of the way, dumber, smaller Groot!" Drax shouts as he, Mantis, Nebula, and Gamora rush to enter the ship. Baby Groot attacks him as he climbs inside, hitting his arms.

Seraphina runs to Peter, scooping the tape out of the broken pieces of Peter's Walkman before wrapping his arm around her shoulders. 

"I told you I had a bad feeling about this place." She tells him, helping him towards the ship.

"'I told you so'. Is now really the time for that?" He replies.

"It's always the time for it." She scoffs. "And you can't be upset. I came back for you."

"What do you want, a medal?" He asks.

"That would be fantastic." She says, lifting him into the ship. 

"What's Smurfette doing here?" Peter asks, spotting Nebula standing with Gamora.

"Whatever I need to do to get a damn ride home." She answers.

"She tried to murder me!" Rocket protests.

"I saved you, you stupid fox!" She replies.

"He's not a fox." Gamora corrects.

"I am Groot!" He adds.

"I'm not a raboon, either." Rocket says.

"I am Groot." He corrects.

"Racoon, whatever." He dismisses.

"How do we kill a Celestial?" Drax asks as tendrils of energy break through the ground and surround the ship.

"There's a center to him. His brain, his soul, whatever it is, some sort of protective shell." Peter answers, climbing up the ladder.

"It's in the caverns below the surface." Mantis says.

"Yondu?" He asks, joining him in the cockpit. Yondu tries to fly away, but the tendrils yank the ship back to the ground. The others grab onto something to stop from falling.

"Thrusters are out." He tells him.

"Guess I should be glad I was a skinny kid. Otherwise, you'd have delivered me to this maniac." He replies.

"You still reckon that's the reason I kept you around, you idiot?" He asks.

"That's what you told me, you old doofus." Peter scoffs.

"Well, once I figured out what happened to them other kids, I wasn't just gonna hand you over." He says.

"You said you were gonna eat me." He replies.

"That was being funny!" Yondu tells him.

"Not to me!" He scoffs.

"You people have issues." Rocket says.

"Well, of course I have issues. That's my freakin' father!" He replies.

"No, Yondu's your Hasselhock!" Seraphina shouts.

"Hasselhoff!" Peter corrects. "Thrusters are back up." He adds. They free themselves from the tendrils, fly through Ego, then out the other window, diving towards the ground.

"We should be going up!" Yondu protests loudly.

"We can't! Ego wants to eradicate the universe as we know it. We have to kill him. Rocket!" Peter replies.