Chapter 12 - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

"All right, let's get baldy to Xandar and collect that bounty." Rocket announces. Seraphina rolls her eyes at that, helping Gamora fix the cuffs around Nebula's wrists. She watches Peter out of the corner of her eye as he changes shirts, making Gamora and Nebula groan in disgust.

"Shut up. I'm allowed to look." She tells them quietly. She glances at him again and he meets her eyes.

"That stuff about my father...Who does she think she is?" He scoffs.

"I know it's difficult for you to talk about." She tells him, folding the robe Nebula had been given.

"It's not difficult to talk about. I don't even know who he is." He defends. She looks at him and raises her eyebrow.

"You should have let me kill her." She says. Gamora scoffs and she glares at her sister. 

"Maybe their maker was closer than you thought. You offend easily." Drax laughs.

"Stay out of it." She tells him, glaring at him now.

"Speaking of feeling offended, sorry if it seemed like I was going to take the High Priestess up on her offer. I wasn't." Peter says.

"I'm over it, Peter." She snaps, turning her glare on him.

"Clearly not!" He scoffs as she storms away, Gamora following with Nebula.

"I'm hungry. Hand me some of that yaro root." Nebula says as Gamora hooks her cuffs to the ship.

"It's not ripe yet. You can have some when it's ready." Seraphina tells her, setting the bowl out of reach.

"And I hate you." Gamora adds. Seraphina smacks her arm before patting Nebula's.

"I'll go get you something to eat." She says before climbing up the ladder. She quickly finds a snack but sighs when she hears the alarm ringing.

"This is weird. We've got a Sovereign fleet approaching from the rear." Peter is saying as she joins them.

"Why would they do that?" Gamora asks, taking her seat.

"Probably because Rocket stole some of their batteries." Drax answers.

"Dude!" Rocket scoffs.

"Right. He didn't steal some of those. I don't know why they're after us. What a mystery this is." He corrects. Seraphina rolls her eyes and gasps as she falls sideways onto Gamora as Peter begins dodging shots from the fleet.

"Ow! Careful with the wings!" She complains, holding onto the back of Peter's chair as she pulls herself up from the floor where she had landed on her wing after Gamora had pushed her off.

"What were you thinking?" Peter asks.

"Dude, they were really easy to steal!" Rocket replies.

"Rocket, what have we talked about?" Seraphina scolds.

"Only steal from the people who are too stupid to notice." He replies.

"That is not-" She starts to lie as Gamora glares at her.

"It's not your exact words, but it's close enough!" He scoffs. "Anyway, you saw how that High Priestess talked down to us. Now I'm teaching her a lesson!"

"Oh, I didn't realize your motivation was altruism. It's really a shame the Sovereign have mistaken your intentions and they're trying to kill us." Peter says.

"Exactly!" He exclaims.

"I was being sarcastic!" He replies.

"Oh, no! You're supposed to use a sarcastic voice! Now I look foolish!" He says.