Chapter 22 - Infinity War

Thanos opens the portal and steps through, dragging Seraphina with him. He tosses her to the ground, and she stares at the sky, numb and completely oblivious to anything happening around her. The chains are gone, but she stays still. Her wing has regrown a little more now that she's not using energy fighting to free herself, white feathers beginning to appear.

"Oh, yeah. You're much more of a Thanos." A man calls as he sits and watches him.

"I take it the Maw is dead." He replies. The man nods. "This day extracts a heavy toll." Seraphina stirs for a moment before the Reality Stone glows again, returning her to the false reality he'd created to trap her inside her own mind. "Still, he accomplished his mission."

"You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts." The man tells him.

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asks, stepping closer to him. 

"Let me guess. Your home?" He asks.

"It was. And it was beautiful." He answers, using the Reality Stone to show what Titan had been before. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

"Genocide." He scoffs.

"But random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass." He explains, removing the illusion.

"Congratulations, you're a prophet." Dr. Strange says sarcastically.

"I'm a survivor." He corrects.

"Who wants to murder trillions." He scoffs.

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers. They would all cease to exist. I call that mercy." He clarifies. Dr. Strange stands.

"And then what?" He asks.

"I'd finally rest, and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe." Thanos answers. "The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

"I think you'll find our will equal to yours." He announces. He summons a portal under Seraphina, moving her far enough away to be out of danger, but close enough that she can join the fight when she's freed.

"Our?" He asks before Tony smashes a large piece of debris into him.

"Piece of cake, Quill." He says.

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off." He replies. Thanos yells as he breaks the debris into pieces. He changes them into bats and launches them at Tony. As the others begin to fight him, Loki rushes towards Seraphina. He begins to use his magic to try to free her from the false reality, knowing she could be the key to gaining the upper hand on Thanos. 

Thanos' hold on Seraphina's mind begins to slip as he becomes more distracted by the others attacking. When Nebula flies her ship into him, his hold on her mind breaks completely and Loki is able to free her. Seraphina gasps and looks around, not immediately recognizing her surroundings. 

"Loki?" She asks, shocked and confused to find him in front of her.

"Come on." He tells her, wrapping her uninjured arm around his shoulders. He pulls her to her feet and lets her lean on him as she stumbles, still disoriented. He leads her towards the others, where they find them holding Thanos in place while Mantis keeps him asleep.

"I thought you'd be hard to catch. For the record, this was my plan." Peter is saying as they near. "Not so strong now, huh? Where is Gamora? You brought Seraphina here, but she's still missing."

"My Gamora." Thanos groans.

"No, bullshit! Where is she? Where is my best friend?" He asks.

"He is in anguish." Mantis tells him.